Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW - "The Christmas Story"
BEWITCHED - "A Vision of Sugar Plums"
BEWITCHED - "Humbug is Not to Be Spoken Here"
HEY VERN, IT'S ERNEST! - "Hey Vern, it's Holidays!"
THE ODD COUPLE - "Scrooge Gets an Oscar"
ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE - "Rocko's Modern Christmas: Can't Squeeze Cheer from a Cheese Log"
SANFORD AND SON - "Ebenezer Sanford"
:confused: I don't think I knew "Rocko's" had a Christmas episode, i'm definitely gonna have to check that one out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it was one of those episodes that Nick had a tendancy to skip over in reruns and play it only for special occasions (like, I dunno . . . Christmas, lol), so it is somewhat rare. But then again, when you think about it, certain channels will skip over holiday episodes of shows and save them for their respective holidays. I remember TV Land used to do that with their shows, such as all those holiday shows that BEWITCHED did: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, it was one of those episodes that Nick had a tendancy to skip over in reruns and play it only for special occasions (like, I dunno . . . Christmas, lol), so it is somewhat rare. But then again, when you think about it, certain channels will skip over holiday episodes of shows and save them for their respective holidays. I remember TV Land used to do that with their shows, such as all those holiday shows that BEWITCHED did: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
Yeah, and I guess Nick was kind of done showing Rocko by the time I was four, so I only got to see the show during occasional reruns on Nicktoons, which we didn't always have because you had to pay extra for that channel.

Anyways, on an unrelated note, here's an old ToughPigs review of "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" that I found very amusing:
http://toughpigs.com/myweekxmasanother03.htm

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yes, I remember how some people around here actually got a little butthurt about the review, because they felt it was too cynical and mean-spirited . . . never mind the fact that Tough Pigs is specifically from adult fans' perspectives anyway, lol.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh yes, I remember how some people around here actually got a little butthurt about the review, because they felt it was too cynical and mean-spirited . . . never mind the fact that Tough Pigs is specifically from adult fans' perspectives anyway, lol.
Really? I thought it was hilarious and definitely made some valid points. But I guess it makes sense that some people wouldn't like it considering it came out in 2003 when the internet was a less cynical place.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just figured out the running gag from the Johnny Bravo Christmas special of Johnny repeatedly calling the pilot "Shirley" is a refernece to the movie AIRPLANE! ". . . and don't call me 'Shirley'."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to Google's Santa Tracker, the jolly ol' elf was just in my town a couple of minutes ago. This is about the same time he came to town according to the tracker last year (year before that, he was here about half an hour earlier than that).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
According to Google's Santa Tracker, the jolly ol' elf was just in my town a couple of minutes ago. This is about the same time he came to town according to the tracker last year (year before that, he was here about half an hour earlier than that).
Jolly Ol' Saint Nick is finally slowing down. Either that or there are more kids in the world now then there were two years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Festivus Miracles are real, look what I got this year:

I didn't even know these things existed, so these were quite a surprise. Interestingly enough though, Kramer is the only regular of the main four they made for the set (apparently, Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus wouldn't agree to license their likenesses for these things).

But that wasn't the only surprise, look what else I got too:

Now, I'm not really one of those crazy collectors who are into all that NRFB stuff, but I'm tellin' ya, I'm debating on whether or not I should keep these things in their packages, because Muppet stuff like this is so hard to come by, and I really wouldn't want anything to happen to them. . . . what do you guys think?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I say keep the Muppet figures in packaging since they look pretty fragile to me and that's what I did with mine.