Favorite Seinfeld moments?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I tried the Original Soup Man's lobster bisque today, and it was actually pretty good. I've had lobster bisque numerous times before at places like Red Lobster, and in comparison, the Original Soup Man's bisque was a tad chunkier, and certainly more savory, with just the slightest little bit of a kick too it (probably the spices).

There's supposedly also a shrimp bisque, but I haven't seen it on shelves yet. I'm sure it'll be good though: there's a local seafood joint in my town that has a crab and shrimp bisque that's so good it seems like the kind of soup that a soup nazi would make with his own hating hands.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Knowing how much Jerry's germophobia was played up on the show (such as completely throwing away a belt because the buckle accidentally bumped against the wall of the stall), I'm surprised he doesn't start freaking out over Elaine dumping an armful of rolls of public restroom toilet paper on him.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Maybe someday Kramer will team up with Starbucks and have his own signature drink:

The Johnny Cochran Latte.
Goes great with chocolate Babka.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do they keep changing the title of the pilot? What's the deal with that? I mean, for years, it was always simply known as the "Pilot Episode," then they changed it to a few different variations like "The Chronicles," "Seinfeld: The Chronicles," and "The Seinfeld Chronicles." Now, they've changed it again to "Good News, Bad News." Wouldn't this be confusing for episode guides, TV listings, and perhaps even the DVD releases?

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, this happened in the new Homestar Halloween cartoon. Poopsmith's costume was a reference to the strange sci-fi movie in "The Heart Attack."

"Like Flaming Glorbs, Poopsmith! Flaming Glorbs!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After all these years, TBS is finally giving SEINFELD the ax. I guess the writing was on the wall - for a while now, they've replaced it on Mondays with marathons of Seth MacFarlane shows, and otherwise would preempt some of it on other nights with THE BIG DANG THEORY or 2 BROKE GIRLS.

TBS also seems to be going the same route as TV Land did almost a decade ago by churning out terrible original shows that nobody even likes anyway - they always keep talking about how their new original shows are comedies, yet they're not funny.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
After all these years, TBS is finally giving SEINFELD the ax. I guess the writing was on the wall - for a while now, they've replaced it on Mondays with marathons of Seth MacFarlane shows, and otherwise would preempt some of it on other nights with THE BIG DANG THEORY or 2 BROKE GIRLS.

TBS also seems to be going the same route as TV Land did almost a decade ago by churning out terrible original shows that nobody even likes anyway - they always keep talking about how their new original shows are comedies, yet they're not funny.
Yep, within the next couple of years they're going full-on "Cougar Town" mode with at least ten new original shows including some animated ones. But I guess that's the best way to compete in this day and age, you have to be current, you can't just have reruns anymore. That's why networks like ABC Family and Boomerang had to rebrand themselves and start adding newer shows to their lineup.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

Yep, I saw it coming, too. Virtually all of the networks once dedicated to airing 'classic' reruns and/or old movies have taken that route. TCM is about the only one that hasn't become a sell out. Oh, well... um... online streaming and home video, I guess? That's pretty much all I'll watch these days, anyhow. Television mostly disappoints me. In fact, I'm thinking of inviting TBS and similar networks to my Festivus Party!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
TCM is about the only one that hasn't become a sell out.
I am honestly very, very surprised about that at this point. I mean, is there really a marketable demographic out there for movies that date all the way back to the early days of cinema? Don't get me wrong, there's a number of old movies that I appreciate: THE WIZARD OF OZ, THE BIRDMAN OF ALCATRAZ, STALAG 17 . . . I just find it hard to believe that there still would be a market out there for these kinds of movies on a regular basis.
Oh, well... um... online streaming and home video, I guess? That's pretty much all I'll watch these days, anyhow. Television mostly disappoints me.
Yeah, me too. Guess I'll soon have to invest in SEINFELD on DVD now since I don't know of any other channel that still plays SEINFELD on TV aside from TBS . . . I know various different FOX affiliates (including mine) did for a while in the late 2000s and early New Tens, but like M*A*S*H, SEINFELD is one of those shows that I pretty much have to have a daily fix of. But otherwise, there's a lot of shows I have on DVD because they can't seem to get much love anywhere on TV anymore: BEWITCHED, I DREAM OF JEANNIE, GREEN ACRES (though MGM never released half of the seasons), M*A*S*H, HOGAN'S HEROES, SANFORD AND SON, THE ODD COUPLE. I know these shows occasionally pop up on MeTV, and there's a gay cable channel (can't remember the name of it) that likes to do occasional random marathons of BEWITCHED and JEANNIE, but at least on DVD they're uncut and in superior quality.
In fact, I'm thinking of inviting TBS and similar networks to my Festivus Party!
How about we start with the Airing of Grievances? I GOTTA LOTTA PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

Muppet Master

Reaction score

Sucks but I just watch repeats on my local station anyways, at least that's less money in Steve Bannon's pocket.