Thread Deletions

Schfifty

Reaction score
As sad and frustrating as this is, this doesn't hugely affect me. Yes, I'm very disappointed about losing more posts, but I don't post on this forum so often, and despite losing thirty-some of my own posts, I in fact only lost two likes received. Plus, I can see others' posts from those two threads in my Gmail archive.

I understand the reasoning for deleting the Frown and Only One threads, and I respect that. I just don't want to see this happening more often, because we just lost the Survey thread a couple months ago, and I don't want to see more long-standing threads disappearing soon (hopefully not the Smile one).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, the "Smilies" thread would stay open and active, there are way too many image graphic links embedded in there for me to even attempt to make a dent in it. Similar to the "Classic SST Sketches" thread, the sheer massiveness of the thread with the embedded links (if they still work) bogs my server, so I leave it alone unless there's a specific post by that Czech guy.

Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As sad and frustrating as this is, this doesn't hugely affect me. Yes, I'm very disappointed about losing more posts, but I don't post on this forum so often, and despite losing thirty-some of my own posts, I in fact only lost two likes received. Plus, I can see others' posts from those two threads in my Gmail archive.

I understand the reasoning for deleting the Frown and Only One threads, and I respect that. I just don't want to see this happening more often, because we just lost the Survey thread a couple months ago, and I don't want to see more long-standing threads disappearing soon (hopefully not the Smile one).
For me, it's not even a matter of post count or anything like that, it's that for entire threads that multiple members had gotten involved and invested in over a span of years, which is why this isn't fair to other members.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It would seem to me that there would be an easier less dramatic way of dealing with this issue then deleting the whole thread.
I would also think that the person who started the thread could have some say in the matter as well.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Did The New New Quote Thread get deleted as well? Can't seem to find it at all.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Is it possible to archive all these old threads? Really sucks that these have to get deleted like this. :frown:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Oh, great. Now the Smile thread is gone? Are you freaking kidding me?