The Nicktoon Thread

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
On a different subject, I've been thinking about a scene recently that I'm trying to remember the episode. There's one time when Didi meets another parents, is surprised to learn that parent reads Lipschitz' books as well, and the parent says "it's my bible". Anybody recall which episode this was?
"The Shot," from Season 2.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Nich Animation podcast returns for it's second season this week, with guests including Joe Murray, Stephen Hillenburg, Tara Strong and Fred Seibert:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
At long last, the Nick podcast has finally interviewed Joe Murray!
I love that trailer for the fake "Really Really Big Man" movie trailer at the beginning of the video.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Welp, looks like FOP is finally ending!
How do I know? Well, the new episodes are moving to Nicktoons. Which, of course, has always meant death:

Another reason I know the show is ending is because soon, the show is officially switching to flash animation, a.k.a the type of animation that shows use when they're running out of money (i.e, Curious George, Arthur, Cailou etc).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
How do I know? Well, the new episodes are moving to Nicktoons. Which, of course, has always meant death:

Another reason I know the show is ending is because soon, the show is officially switching to flash animation, a.k.a the type of animation that shows use when they're running out of money (i.e, Curious George, Arthur, Cailou etc).
No! :frown:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

I heard about this a few days ago.

Has anyone watched Nick lately? Any thoughts on its current state? I've heard largely negative things, and while I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, little about the network these days looks like it would interest me.

Oh, and there's this...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Only watch Nick for Loud House, which I like how they have been spamming on the main channel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I'm not saying you're hunch is wrong or anything, but I would argue that those aren't necessarily signs that a show is finally ending. It could very well be in this case, but in others, it hasn't been, such as ARTHUR still going strong now that it's been using Flash animation for six seasons despite the backlash from the public (they have been improving, however).

Has anyone watched Nick lately? Any thoughts on its current state?
Only watch Nick for Loud House
For me, I really only watch Nick for the new ALVINNN episodes, however, my issue is how haphazard they are with airing new episodes: they break them up in half rather than airing full half-hour new episode to "spread them out," but they only air new episodes for a week every three or four months . . . I feel like it would work better if they treated ALVINNN as a weekly series rather than a daily series, thus going through their new episodes more quickly than they want to.