The Nicktoon Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I heard about this a few days ago.

Has anyone watched Nick lately? Any thoughts on its current state? I've heard largely negative things, and while I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, little about the network these days looks like it would interest me.

Oh, and there's this...
Well, Nick as a whole has been terrible to it's shows for years. And they still air Spongebob way too much. Also, every last one of their live action shows suck. However, the network does still have a few good cartoons like "Harvey Beaks" which has a lot of heart, humor and a beautiful soundtrack and fantastic background art. And there's "The Loud House" and "Alvinnn" which are both pretty good shows, although, some episodes are weaker than others.
But other than those three shows, not much worth watching anymore.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, Nick as a whole has been terrible to it's shows for years. And they still air Spongebob way too much. Also, every last one of their live action shows suck, However, the network does still have a few good cartoons like "Harvey Beaks" which has a lot of heart, humor and a beautiful soundtrack and fantastic background art. And there's "The Loud House" and "Alvinnn" which are both pretty good shows, although, some episodes are weaker than others.
But other than those three shows, not much worth watching anymore.
As C.H. Greenblatt said in an interview, it's the animation studio that's nurturing to their shows. The network, on the other hand, does everything in its power to sabotage them, barring a few obvious exceptions.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The network, on the other hand, does everything in its power to sabotage them, barring a few obvious exceptions.
That's the way it is and has been for years now: networks don't give a hoot about anything other than fulfilling their own corporate agenda.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot about "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", that's a pretty good show too. Although, once again, they hardly ever show it anymore.
It's the animation studio that's nurturing to their shows. The network, on the other hand, does everything in its power to sabotage them, barring a few obvious exceptions.
Yeah, it's a bit like a parent raising their kid, and than the kid is excepted into a college, and the college pretends to be excited for the kid to be there, only for that college to kick that kid out on the streets because it refuses to pay for building his dorm room.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's the way it is and has been for years now: networks don't give a hoot about anything other than fulfilling their own corporate agenda.
But Nickelodeon is a special case. I mean sure, some networks treat their shows like crap (I'm lookin' at you FOX, thanks for screwing over "Firefly"), but most networks at least give some of their shows the chance to get successful, and usually they recognize when something works. Nickelodeon doesn't seem to care at all. What could they possibly be gaining by putting money into several shows a year and then refusing to give them the time of day so that it can actually earn them some money? Cartoon Network doesn't treat their shows this badly, even Disney Channel treats their cartoons that they barely air much better than Nick does.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
but most networks at least give some of their shows the chance to get successful, and usually they recognize when something works.
Rarely. It's more common for networks to go ahead and yank a show after just a few episodes if they feel it's living up to whatever standards they were holding the new show to in the first place.