The Wander over Yonder Thread

C to the J

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know? Wander has trended well on Tumblr on September 27th. I even downloaded and viewed all the episodes on iTunes just in time. Also, the petition has now reached 36,670. Surely, some of you believe that Disney are receptive to the fans' positive feedback. I mean, check out some of the comments Peepsqueak found and uploaded:
http://peepsqueak.tumblr.com/post/151252467757/everybody-please-help-us-to-savewoy

You'd be foolish to think there's no hope. We can't just sit back and do nothing to help out. It took nine months for Kim Possible to be renewed after initial cancellation. If it takes longer to give the show one more season, so be it!

Still, it doesn't make sense that Craig McCracken has to develop another show without finishing WOY first. Dan Povenmire and Jeff Marsh got to finish Phineas and Ferb on their own terms before getting started on Milo Murphy's Law, and Noah Jones got Fish Hooks out of the way with a definite ending before coming up with Pickle and Peanut. Yet there's nothing from Disney that can compare to the animation style of Wander Over Yonder.

Sometimes I wonder if the creators at Disney TV Animation are competing to see who can keep their shows running and give them proper closure. Part of me wants to convince other creators to support Craig. It's kind of unfair to let his first Disney show trip before the finish line, you know? This is why we have fans.

In case you haven't done so already, go ahead and sign the petition. And feel free to get others to do the same.
https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-encourage-disney-to-make-wander-over-yonder-season-3

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seeing as how Star vs The Forces of Evil got a comic book, I'd love for Wander to pull an Invader Zim and at least finish the series concepts in comic book form. That's the least they could do.

Wander most definitely should have had a third season, and it seems that it
s a case of wanting more shows instead of finishing off the ones they have. Though, to be honest, the Wander Staff really should have seen the writing on the walls. Gravity Falls's staff at least had the foresight to end the show with 2 seasons, as it sounds the case for Penn Zero. Still...I don't see why they have to have so many cartoons into production of they step on each other's feet.

C to the J

Reaction score

C to the J

Reaction score
It's been four months after the airing of the second season finale and you know what that means - Trending Twenty-Seven will be in effect.

And Peepsqueak's message to Disney XD should be enough to convince you forum folks out there that we still have a chance. Also, in case you haven't checked out her Thunderclap page, check out the status - it's amazing.

37,325 petition supporters and counting. This will be a day every fan of Wander Over Yonder will never forget.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that a couple of Disney XD shows did go beyond 80 episodes in the past - Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (99 episodes in 50 half-hours) and Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil (103 in 52 half-hours).

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
I think I should rescind my statement about Hater having yet to know about Tumbleweed and Wander being one and the same - it was implied at the very end of The Good Bad Guy, yet I never would have guessed that until The Waste of Time.

So, the petition's now over 37,900, and I bring good news (for real): The Gift 2: The Giftening and The Gift are set to air on December 6th! Follow the link and check Disney XD's row: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=1481068800000

They're also including the Christmas episode of Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero. If they so much as decide to switch them out with something else (like reruns of shows that already ended on a high note), I wouldn't even know what to think/do.

Now, if there were any reasons for a show to get canceled, they would include:
  • Deceased (major) actor
  • (Major) Actor calling it quits
    • One or both of these occurrences would call for replacement
  • Any member of the crew having a feeling of discontent towards working on the show
  • Decline in quality
  • Running out of ideas
And we know dang well none of these happened. If only executives would believe that shows are successful based on how much people love them rather than how well they perform. There's no sense in stopping the show if it hasn't jumped the proverbial shark.

I did find that there are children who do enjoy the show, yet we still have to keep spreading awareness. I'll try to contribute to the SaveWOY campaign in some way and make sure the show gets proper closure. I know it might not be worth your time, but it's the right thing to do and I stand by it. The campaign's only a lost cause IF the last fan gives up.

C to the J

Reaction score
Once again, Wander Over Yonder has achieved trending status on Tumblr. In related news, the show's been nominated for three Annie Award categories:
  • Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production For Children: My Fair Hatey
  • Outstanding Achievement, Character Design in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production: The Night Out
  • Outstanding Achievement, Directing in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production: My Fair Hatey
Interestingly, neither Pickle and Peanut nor Star vs. the Forces of Evil were nominated, yet they were already given a second season and a third season, respectively. I'll bet Disney executives feel like they forced an overachieving teenager to drop out of high school. Whoa. Best... analogy... I've ever made.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Interestingly, neither Pickle and Peanut nor Star vs. the Forces of Evil were nominated, yet they were already given a second season and a third season, respectively. I'll bet Disney executives feel like they forced an overachieving teenager to drop out of high school. Whoa. Best... analogy... I've ever made.
Star Vs. certainly deserves the nom as well. P&P can go disperse like the giant fart it is, for all I care.

C to the J

Reaction score
About that water art: you can thank Kyra Kupetsky and "alicia-Ivn" for making it possible. Leanne Bernhardy ("wanderin-over-yonder") was able to record the video. Take a look-see.

And I saw somewhere on her Tumblr post that kids DID recognize Wander. Even Craig had this to say about it:

"Though he is destined to fade and disappear, Wander finally makes it inside Disneyland!"

He's referring to the water art on the pavement, not the cartoon.

Yes, folks, we'll never stop until we actually witness the main characters' origins, the new threats whose actions make them much worse than Dominator, and Wander achieving his goal in reforming Hater.

C to the J

Reaction score
Sometime in this quarter of the year, Craig's due for a pitch of his fourth cartoon (second cartoon for Disney). I'm a little sore that Craig has to keep his ideas for the third season under his proverbial hat, but it's become abundantly clear that moving the show to Disney XD wasn't such a good idea. And the way the number of viewers for certain shows is calculated really baffles me. No offense to fans of higher-rated shows like P&F, GF and SvtFoE, but I fail to see how shows with more emphasis on dialogue and less on funny visuals (although SvtFoE has some moments that make me go, "Get to the point") fare better than visually AND audibly pleasing shows do. My Fair Hatey totally should have had more views, what with the catchy songs that really move the story along. It even had a super sweet saxophone solo for crying out loud. My point being, all good shows should be treated equally.

Enough of the rambling.

I'm quite all right with Craig developing a new show. If we're lucky, the show will be successful enough to garner interest in a third/final season for Wander. Besides, the original PPG had no official series finale before Foster's debuted.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm quite all right with Craig developing a new show. If we're lucky, the show will be successful enough to garner interest in a third/final season for Wander. Besides, the original PPG had no official series finale before Foster's debuted.
I highly doubt it. If anything, having a new show will more than likely lessen the chances of Wander ever returning because Craig'll be too busy.