You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But do you see the point I'm making, though? I mean, it's okay for some people to beg and grovel for attention and other people are okay with it, but if I so much as even ask somebody to look at something I've worked on, I'm somehow a desperate attention w#0r3?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I notice Republicans have this new thing now where they attempt to insult everybody else by calling them "delicate snowflakes," and I'm like . . . what does that even mean? What are they even trying to say? I mean, what is a snowflake anyway? A piece of snow that falls from the sky to the ground. What are they saying? The other people fall from the sky to the ground? What kind of an insult is that?

Or . . . what else are snowflakes known for? The idea that no two snowflakes are alike? So . . . are they complaining about everybody else's individuality? Because if that's the case, then that makes more sense, considering the Republican party is really big on fascism and everything being their way or no way at all. Okay, so yeah, I get it now . . . they're attacking people for not conforming to their ways. Makes sense now.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So I notice Republicans have this new thing now where they attempt to insult everybody else by calling them "delicate snowflakes," and I'm like . . . what does that even mean? What are they even trying to say? I mean, what is a snowflake anyway? A piece of snow that falls from the sky to the ground. What are they saying? The other people fall from the sky to the ground? What kind of an insult is that?

Or . . . what else are snowflakes known for? The idea that no two snowflakes are alike? So . . . are they complaining about everybody else's individuality? Because if that's the case, then that makes more sense, considering the Republican party is really big on fascism and everything being their way or no way at all. Okay, so yeah, I get it now . . . they're attacking people for not conforming to their ways. Makes sense now.
I think it basically just means someone who acts entitled and overly sensitive. As is a common complaint made by some republicans, "I've had it with these snowflake libtards! You stinkin' triggered sjws. All you do is take from the government and complain. Yur lucky yew even live in this country, dur land of dur fuh-ree! #Hillaryforprison"

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's the Tom Hanks Syndrome, where an actor starts their careers doing light-hearted comedies, then afterwards spends the rest of their lives doing dramatic movies instead.

I'm beginning to think there should be a similar syndrome for producers called the Telly Perry Syndrome. Remember when he started creating shows for TV, they were sitcoms like HOUSE OF PAYNE and MEET THE BROWNS? But now, all the shows he creates are really heavy dramas . . . which seems strange coming from a guy who gave us Madea, but then again, in retrospect, it seems strange that a guy who's been in movies like SAVING PRIVATE RYAN and THE GREEN MILE once acted alongside the likes of Dan Aykroyd and Shelley Long. Ditto, but less pressing for his movies, considering I know he still does a Madea movie now and then.

Also, ever notice Tyler Perry's shows seem to do more channel hopping than most others? He's had shows on TBS, OWN, TLC (not sure how that makes sense), and even first-run syndication.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think there should be a similar syndrome for producers called the Telly Perry Syndrome. Remember when he started creating shows for TV, they were sitcoms like HOUSE OF PAYNE and MEET THE BROWNS? But now, all the shows he creates are really heavy dramas . . . which seems strange coming from a guy who gave us Madea, but then again, in retrospect, it seems strange that a guy who's been in movies like SAVING PRIVATE RYAN and THE GREEN MILE once acted alongside the likes of Dan Aykroyd and Shelley Long. Ditto, but less pressing for his movies, considering I know he still does a Madea movie now and then.

Also, ever notice Tyler Perry's shows seem to do more channel hopping than most others? He's had shows on TBS, OWN, TLC (not sure how that makes sense), and even first-run syndication.
Actually, Tyler Perry started out as a more dramatic writer.

It kind of makes sense with Madea because, originally, despite being the title character and the one that was most publicized, she was actually pretty much just a side character. The older Madea movies were usually about some random family or couple trying to work out their problems while tackling social issues. Madea, who was usually said to be the main character's aunt or cousin, was usually just the comic relief. Perry's last few Madea films, such as "Madea Says Boo", however, seem to miss the point completely.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that studios are hardly putting any effort into DVD releases anymore. Lack of bonus features; minimal menus; amateurish cover art that almost looks bootleg.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So people were wigging out over a "lesbian couple" that barely even had a minute of screentime in FINDING DORY that nobody else even really paid any attention to, but I'm kind of surprised that on that same token, toward the end of the movie, those same people didn't seem to notice the lady truck driver had arm hair and tattoos. Really, both are the kind of "blink and you'll miss it" kind of things, but I mean honestly, as far as the "lesbian couple" goes, I'm not sure most people would have really suspected anything: two random women at an aquarium . . . most people probably wouldn't have even thought about it had it not been for others pointing it out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So people were wigging out over a "lesbian couple" that barely even had a minute of screentime in FINDING DORY that nobody else even really paid any attention to, but I'm kind of surprised that on that same token, toward the end of the movie, those same people didn't seem to notice the lady truck driver had arm hair and tattoos. Really, both are the kind of "blink and you'll miss it" kind of things, but I mean honestly, as far as the "lesbian couple" goes, I'm not sure most people would have really suspected anything: two random women at an aquarium . . . most people probably wouldn't have even thought about it had it not been for others pointing it out.
The thing about it is, it was never even confirmed by anyone that they were a couple. They were just two women who happened to be at the aquarium together and they had a small child with them. They might've been together, or they might've just been friends of siblings even. We don't know. And like you said, they were literally only on screen for like two seconds! Yet people still freaked out about it. Not sure about the truck driver though, I haven't re watched the movie yet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I watched an episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show that I had not seen in years, "Farmer Ted and the News", and I'm trying to understand why the station, especially Lou Grant, has a problem with Ted starring in local commercials. I know that Ted wants his contract changed so he could do other things (citing movies and Broadway), with Lou okay and the staff laughing over the fact that no casting director would hire him for those (not to mention the show takes place in Minneapolis, not New York, so how likely could he do a Broadway show?), and then, after his contract is renewed, he tells them they fell into his trap - was it really a trap that he would do commercials or was it his own foolishness?

I could see them being embarrassed by the farmer commercials, but they were embarrassed/horrified after Ted's first commercial (which isn't in the "Farmer Ted" portrayal and seems more dignified).

My memories of the episodes were a little different. For years, I thought that Lou wanted Ted to sign a special contract allowing him to do things outside of the news and that Ted didn't want to sign it (and wondered what the big deal was), as opposed to Lou simply wanting him to sign his contract renewal and Ted holding out (and must have missed that it was Ted who wanted them to take off the part where he couldn't find outside work). And the scene where Lou gets Ted to end his career in commercials is different from what I remembered - my past memories were Lou begging Ted to give them up, sad that Ted was doing them, and Ted understanding and quitting to make Lou happy, as opposed to the reality where Lou pretty much threatened Ted (and raised his salary to an extra 25 dollars a week).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, so just recently, I learned that George W. Bush won a Razzie Award for "worst actor" (or was it "worst supporting actor"?) for the movie Fahrenheit 9/11, but does he really qualify as an actor for that? As far as I know, all of the George W. Bush footage in that was taken from news reports. He didn't intentionally appear in the movie, most likely wouldn't have, and the footage is just him being himself, not him playing himself.