Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, would that also affect the Halloween music period? Let us know if we can help with anything, I've got a huge folder of Christmas MUP3's to donate if you need them. Also, I'd recommend tweaking the time frame as I notice that songs endings get clipped, perhaps an extra fraction of a second to allow songs to end would help make transitions smoother. :sing:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yes, this is a time-intensive task with Radionomy to set up. We do hope to have Jerry Nelson and Jim Henson radio tributes again next year. Thanks for your understanding.

In fact, soon we'll begin getting ready for our annual Muppet Christmas Music Marathon. Our holiday rotation will be re-worked for Radionomy from the ground-up. We'll have to go through a thorough internal testing process to ensure that everything is ready to go when Christmas music begins the Friday after Thanksgiving.
So there won't be a Jerry Nelson marathon this year after all?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, would that also affect the Halloween music period?
Halloween and Thanksgiving music will play as normal in October and November. It's the all-day rotations like Christmas and performer tributes that present unique challenges with Radionomy. Once these special playlists have been set up, it will be easy to use them in the future when needed.

Also, I'd recommend tweaking the time frame as I notice that songs endings get clipped, perhaps an extra fraction of a second to allow songs to end would help make transitions smoother. :sing:
Cross-fading between songs is being worked on. It's a setting that needs adjusting per track. And even then, sometime it works with Radionomy and sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully, this improves over time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet music merrython may start in a couple of weeks on the day after Thanksgiving... But now it's November, and the great thing about that is that MCR plays the songs from Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas a month ahead of schedule. And it was great logging in just now to get the version of Riverbottom Nightmare Band as recorded by the Dead Hensons. Will def be here for the Christmas merrython. :big_grin: :halo: :cool: :sing: :flirt:

fragglevision

Reaction score
just wondering have you added tracks from the recent Muppet series to the regular (i.e. non-Christmas) radio lineup?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just heard a song by Big Bird called "Go To Sleep Little Children." What's that from?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just heard a song by Big Bird called "Go To Sleep Little Children." What's that from?
"Go To Sleep Little Children" was written by Debi Spinney's father Gene Gilroy and originally performed on the 1996 Kathie Lee Gifford special "Lullabies for Little Ones". We're still trying to track down this version of the song from the special or album.

The version you heard last night on Muppet Central Radio is a bonus feature from the "I Am Big Bird" Blu-ray. It was performed at the Sesame Street Season 30 wrap party by Big Bird with Gene Gilroy on piano.

fragglevision

Reaction score
"Go To Sleep Little Children" was written by Debi Spinney's father Gene Gilroy and originally performed on the 1996 Kathie Lee Gifford special "Lullabies for Little Ones". We're still trying to track down this version of the song from the special or album.

The version you heard last night on Muppet Central Radio is a bonus feature from the "I Am Big Bird" Blu-ray. It was performed at the Sesame Street Season 30 wrap party by Big Bird with Gene Gilroy on piano.
I somehow knew that song had some sort of a connection with that Kathie Lee special I mentioned earlier, but I never knew that it was written by Deb's father!

Additional note 1: One of the downsides of the Radionomy switch is that it no longer displays album/source information, meaning we have to go here if we heard something from some far-off source like "Little Children".

Additional note 2: For a few years now and just before Jerry Nelson died you've been playing these two song covers by him called "Daddy's Coming Home" and "I'll See You In My Dreams" which sound like voice-and-guitar demos for something that never materialized. How did you get a hold of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.