When you need to rant...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My dad won't let me take my neighbor's Bible because it belongs to him and it's private.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's another Cracked Photoplasty, this time about fictional character relationships that "should never have existed". They've got one about Kermit and Miss Piggy saying how abusive she is when they've clearly never seen the ones outside of TMS, where their relationship was portrayed in a much more deep and mature manner. Clearly whoever made that was a very casual fan at best.

There's also the one with Anna and Kristoff from Frozen, which I don't recall her falling head over heels in love like she did with Hans earlier. It took longer for her to warm up to the former (no pun intended), and Kristoff does show that he has plenty of odd quirks of his own, like how he pretends to make his reindeer talk. So I don't see how their relationship was not meant to be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For years, Yahoo!'s security has been falling by the wayside - so much so, that after seeing other friends' Yahoo! accounts being hacked and sending out spam, I felt prompted to make the switch the Gmail a few years back, despite my stance as a loyal opposition of Google (and having been a loyal Yahoo! user for over a decade); after all, I needed to be able to use an email service with security and safety.

So, in spite of all of this going on, Yahoo! has apparently only just recently decided to start taking their security issues seriously . . . after damage had already been done, and had been for years, they decide now is the time to act. They're even acknowledging that thousands and thousands of users were affected by their security breach (again, even I picked up on this when I would start getting suspicious emails from friends and contacts that contained phishy-looking links and broken English) . . . yeah, a little late to start caring now, ain't it?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You know, I really wish that I never erased my iPod Touch and more recently, my NOOK HD+.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not happy at my mother right now. I slammed the iPad down in front of her because I want the iPad all the time and she won't let me have it. I got into an argument/fight about it which ended at me yelling at her and I told her to leave me alone. Now she is going to tell my father about it and I will most likely get punished for the situation. She also said that it's my fault that I erased my iPod Touch back in October of last year and the NOOK HD+ almost 2 weeks ago. I wish that I never erased both of those things because the only electronic devices I have now are the computer and my NOOK e-reader. I really regret doing both of those things now, but it was my choice to do so. Now, everything is my fault but my mother says that it's not true. I just don't like her at all sometimes. Yesterday, she said that she wished that I never erased my iPod Touch and my NOOK HD+. I had to erase both of those devices because I added way too many things to them and both were slow and acting up. If I didn't have so many things on them, I wouldn't have to worry about anything bad happening to them. Now I am so bothered by what just happened that it's all is what's on my mind right now. I don't like my father either. He yells, swears, and screams at me to the point where I cry a lot. I just don't know what to do. What should I do?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently thunderstorms are now grounds for early dismissal, or completely closing school altogether.

Are you froggin' kidding me?!

When I was in school, we went on days when the skies were black, when winds were hurricane force, when rains were torrential, when lightning was like a pyrotechnic show, and nobody was concerned for us at all! I even told our principal on such a day how crazy it was for us kids to be sent to school in such conditions. Nobody cared.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
See? You're starting to show your age like me. Back when we had to walk five miles to school, in the snow with no shoes, uphill both ways, you get the deal.

Way back when, kids even had to walk several blocks to the bus stop. And there was no one to supervise us getting on or off the bus. We were left to our own devices (How did we ever survive????!!!!).
Of course we didn't have all the perverts and molesters lurking around either.

But one place I do draw a line in the sand:
I get it now busses stop at every house. In spite of the fact there is a long line of cars behind them, bringing the morning commute to a grinding halt.

This morning a school bus stopped twice. Two driveways separated by a concrete divider. Kids standing TEN FEET APART. And the bus stopped once, put on the red lights, stopped traffic in both directions to pick up the first kid, then moved ten feet. Not even the length of the bus, mind you, to pick up the other kid.

Are you trying to tell me the two kids can't get picked up at the same stop? Considering how CLOSE they are to each other?

That kind of starting and stopping will do a number on the brakes.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
For years, Yahoo!'s security has been falling by the wayside - so much so, that after seeing other friends' Yahoo! accounts being hacked and sending out spam, I felt prompted to make the switch the Gmail a few years back, despite my stance as a loyal opposition of Google (and having been a loyal Yahoo! user for over a decade); after all, I needed to be able to use an email service with security and safety.

So, in spite of all of this going on, Yahoo! has apparently only just recently decided to start taking their security issues seriously . . . after damage had already been done, and had been for years, they decide now is the time to act. They're even acknowledging that thousands and thousands of users were affected by their security breach (again, even I picked up on this when I would start getting suspicious emails from friends and contacts that contained phishy-looking links and broken English) . . . yeah, a little late to start caring now, ain't it?
Not a fan of Yahoo! honestly. I first started with a Yahoo! email account, but I signed up on Gmail to get a Google account (mainly because of Blogspot) and honestly it's way better. Bad thing is, Yahoo! keeps doing those 'don't get locked out' things, so finally I got fed up and changed my password.

I have no idea what that is now.

So now I'm only using Gmail. Much better than Yahoo! in my opinion.

(Very late to the party. :stick_out_tongue: )

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I had been using Yahho! since . . . 2002? 2003? Maybe? Mainly for email as well, but for a while from like 2009 to maybe 2011 or so, I was also using Y!M on a weekly basis, then other people stopped using that altogether, and I think it was a year or two later that I sucked it up and got Gmail (and I actually had Blogspot prior to getting Gmail, because they said you couldn't use a Gmail account with Blogspot, for whatever reason) for email, and now for IMing, I just use Facebook, since that's where everybody else is now.