The Bob's Burgers Discussion Thread

Who's your favorite character on Bob's Burgers?

• Linda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mort

• Jimmy Pesto

• Jimmy Jr.

• Zeke

• Mr. Frond

• Gayle

• other (sorry, can't list all the characters here)

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Loved this episode about Teddy passive aggressively buying a boat and trying to rub it in his ex's face, only for it to backfire horridly. And I like the reasonable spin on the fact that Tina can't get a cell phone in an era where everyone has one because the restaurant isn't that successful and Tina losing things.

I really wish that they'd have full versions of these songs from the end theme. Really liked Teddy singing "Somewhere beyond the Sea."

And on the note of the other cartoon that night (as there's no thread on it), I really appreciated the Simpson family going to Boston and making as many Bostonian references as possible (lessened by the fact they had to use bland name products). But the one reference that really made me smile was at the Jordan's Motel and Furniture (no, they don't really have Motels), they had a small photo above the bed that said "The Movie Loft."

Now THAT'S an obscure local reference. For the longest time the only copy of the Muppet Movie I had was taped off TV from the WSBK-38 Movie Loft broadcast.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Eh, wasn't a fan of the season premiere. Loved the second episode with them going on a boat trip with Teddy just so he could show off to his ex-wife and ultimately getting chased by bulls and all that, felt really cartoony and I liked it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This show has had some fun Halloween episodes, and the latest was no exception. Gotta love how confident Tina gets when she becomes a bad girl, and how seriously so many people took witches and witchcraft. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
So hilarious the way Bob kept botching the sting operation between the health inspector and the new meat supplier who was supplying Bob and Jimmy Pesto with cheap horse meat.
I also liked how the supplier wasn't really evil so much as cheap, and may very well be a new friend of Bob's we'll get to see again someday.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Just saw the most recent episode today. I thought it was alright. At first when Hugo and Ron showed up to bust Bob, I was a little worried it might turn into a bit of a rehash of the human flesh episode (give me the benefit of the doubt, it's their seventh season, I don't know how long they can stay fresh) , but I was pleasantly surprised when things took a different route. I thought the plot was a little lacking in some areas - I think it could've benefitted from a Louise and Gene b-plot, they had a lot of funny lines but they were otherwise kind of just there and not doing much, but could just be me, I dunno.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Two new episodes aired tonight, and they were hilarious as always. In the first, we got to see Louise's old nemesis Logan return and get revenge on her. We also got to see one of the few times she shed tears as Logan attempts to shove his smelly armpit in her face, and also
perhaps the only time she has ever hugged one of her siblings after Gene took the fall for her.
There was even a subplot about Bob and Linda getting high off drug-laced butterscotch cookies during a visit to the accountant's, as well as one with Tina suddenly getting a crush on a new boy and trying to get him to notice her.

The other one was Thanksgiving-themed, and was about Louise and Gene trying to sabotage Tina's "sexy turkey" play just so they could get a half day off.
It worked, all right. Maybe a little too well.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone else see last night's episode? It was really nice to see one that focused on Tina's relationship with Jimmy Jr., and it showed that he was more willing to bond with her when she was a remote-controlled robot (she sprained her ankle while wearing high-heels, and was allowed to stay home while it healed and use the robot to continue her schooling). Also enjoyed seeing Louise and Gene using the robot after dark to take advantage of the night security guard.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Anyone else see last night's episode? It was really nice to see one that focused on Tina's relationship with Jimmy Jr., and it showed that he was more willing to bond with her when she was a remote-controlled robot (she sprained her ankle while wearing high-heels, and was allowed to stay home while it healed and use the robot to continue her schooling). Also enjoyed seeing Louise and Gene using the robot after dark to take advantage of the night security guard.
I liked the Louis-Gene plot and Bob's banjo but eh I'm not much of a fan of the Tina-Jimmy Jr. relationship.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm not much of a fan of the Tina-Jimmy Jr. relationship.
Yeah, it was pretty cute at first but now it's gotten pretty tedious. Granted, it doesn't take up quite as much of Tina's character as it used to, but it really never goes anywhere and Jimmy Jr. has kind of shown himself to be a bit of a jerk at times. Although, I suppose we were all butt-holes when we were fourteen, but still.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty cute at first but now it's gotten pretty tedious. Granted, it doesn't take up quite as much of Tina's character as it used to, but it really never goes anywhere and Jimmy Jr. has kind of shown himself to be a bit of a jerk at times. Although, I suppose we were all butt-holes when we were fourteen, but still.
Though JJ is a lot friendlier compared to his dad. :smile: