Sesame Street Season 48 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If they are planning to use him again, I don't understand this whole "scaling back of Muppets" thing then, especially when they're adding new characters this season apparently (Julia and Rudy).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's like I said a while back, such a big deal was made about them supposedly also scaling back on celebrities because "kids don't know who they are," yet I've yet to see any evidence that that's what they're doing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess the scaling back thing must have really only applied to the more major characters like Telly, Zoe, Baby Bear, etc. If anything, the more minor characters like Two-Headed Monster, Mr. Johnson and Mrs. Crustworthy have actually been making far more appearances since last year.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I honestly don't get how we've seen the Two-Headed Monster more than Ernie and Bert. I get that kids might not be able to sit through an E&B sketch because they'll lose attention and they're whole "Odd Couple" dynamic doesn't really work when they're in supporting roles, but c'mon. They're the originals.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly don't get how we've seen the Two-Headed Monster more than Ernie and Bert. I get that kids might not be able to sit through an E&B sketch because they'll lose attention and they're whole "Odd Couple" dynamic doesn't really work when they're in supporting roles, but c'mon. They're the originals.
Seriously, someone on the staff must really like the Two-Headed Monster. They (it?) appeared like six times last season and it (they??) even had a major role in the Christmas special instead of several of the main characters.

Bert and Ernie are very interesting characters on their own. So maybe if they have to, why not just have one of them there sometimes instead of both of them. We saw in season 45 that Bert can clearly work well on his own. The writers seemed to have really found the character's personality again around that time and they used him a lot.

Censored

Reaction score
Seriously, someone on the staff must really like the Two-Headed Monster. They (it?) appeared like six times last season and it (they??) even had a major role in the Christmas special instead of several of the main characters.

Bert and Ernie are very interesting characters on their own. So maybe if they have to, why not just have one of them there sometimes instead of both of them. We saw in season 45 that Bert can clearly work well on his own. The writers seemed to have really found the character's personality again around that time and they used him a lot.
They treat puppets better than people.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I suppose that's why I never saw any Gordon or Luis dolls.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ah yes. One piece of merch in 40 some odd years. Point made.

Censored

Reaction score
For that matter, what does it have to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.