Where are the older humans?

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
While the 47 season which starts in a few days will be the first official season without the older humans. Season 45 was pretty much the last season with them. The only older human who showed up in the 46th was Gordon just in one episode. For about 7 seconds.
Absolutely. They should hire back some veteran cast members.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Seems like they're in the credits for one last season. Does this mean 1 or 2 of them is gonna show up for a silent cameo some point this season?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Seems like they're in the credits for one last season. Does this mean 1 or 2 of them is gonna show up for a silent cameo some point this season?
They might be seen in repeat episodes. Although a few Mando and Leena repeats were shown last season and I don't think they got credit. Maybe I'm confusing this with the previous season's sizzle reel, but I recall seeing Gordon in one of the trailers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, again, weren't they already working on Season 47, or even finishing it up, at the time it was revealed they were being let go from the series proper? Keep in mind, the seasons are produced very, very far in advance before airing, and it's only been since last summer or so that it was revealed they were being let go - so, if anything, this may probably be officially the last season with the older humans as castmembers, and Season 48 could be officially the first season without them.

Either that, or like Mo said, it could be their appearances are limited to repeats, as was the case with Mando and Leela.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Well, again, weren't they already working on Season 47, or even finishing it up, at the time it was revealed they were being let go from the series proper? Keep in mind, the seasons are produced very, very far in advance before airing, and it's only been since last summer or so that it was revealed they were being let go - so, if anything, this may probably be officially the last season with the older humans as castmembers, and Season 48 could be officially the first season without them.
Yeah. You're right. It was june when Bob made that announcement. And season 47 was done taping in April. I'm not counting on seeing all of them. And I'm not counting on any of them having any significant roles in any of the episodes. But I hope we get one last cameo. From at least one old cast member. So we can officially say goodbye. Kind of like jerry Nelson in episode 4401.

Censored

Reaction score
Yeah. You're right. It was june when Bob made that announcement. And season 47 was done taping in April. I'm not counting on seeing all of them. And I'm not counting on any of them having any significant roles in any of the episodes. But I hope we get one last cameo. From at least one old cast member. So we can officially say goodbye. Kind of like jerry Nelson in episode 4401.

Only difference is the loss of Jerry Nelson was caused by tragedy. The loss of Mr. McGrath, Mr. Orman, and Mr. Delgado is caused by stupidity.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Only difference is the loss of Jerry Nelson was caused by tragedy. The loss of Mr. McGrath, Mr. Orman, and Mr. Delgado is caused by stupidity.
You have to understand something about Sesame that has been different from regular cable TV shows like Dora or whatever. Up until the HBO deal Sesame had always been supported financlly by grants,and donations and merchindise. PBS did not give Sesame any money to help produce the show, and nethier dose the Jim Henson Company.

Censored

Reaction score
You have to understand something about Sesame that has been different from regular cable TV shows like Dora or whatever. Up until the HBO deal Sesame had always been supported financlly by grants,and donations and merchindise. PBS did not give Sesame any money to help produce the show, and nethier dose the Jim Henson Company.
What does that have to do with anything?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
A lot if I finished what I was going to say. NPR recently reported that for the last several years Sesame and Sesame workshop have been losing a lot of money. So they brought in a new person to oversee and fix the issue. That's the reason for the show going down to 30 minutes. It's the reason Elmo the musical got cancelled and switched back to Elmo's world. It's also the main reason for the HBO deal. With all of the budget cuts that had to keep Sesame alive a smaller human cast also makes sense. That and the fact that the writers did not give them anything to do this season. Then letting them go was not an easy not an easy decision to make, but financially a smart move to make.

Censored

Reaction score
A lot if I finished what I was going to say. NPR recently reported that for the last several years Sesame and Sesame workshop have been losing a lot of money. So they brought in a new person to oversee and fix the issue. That's the reason for the show going down to 30 minutes. It's the reason Elmo the musical got cancelled and switched back to Elmo's world. It's also the main reason for the HBO deal. With all of the budget cuts that had to keep Sesame alive a smaller human cast also makes sense. That and the fact that the writers did not give them anything to do this season. Then letting them go was not an easy not an easy decision to make, but financially a smart move to make.

When it comes time to make cuts, seniority in supposed to be the standard. You don't fire people who have put most of their lives into making the show a success. You start with the ones who have been there the LEAST amount of time and work your way up.

However, I would be interested in seeing where all of your information is coming from about the poor corporate entities and their struggles. It sounds like a lot of assumptions with very little actual facts. And of course, there was also the implication that everything would have been ok if Bob would have just "kept his mouth shut." Again, there seems to be a rush to defend these unknown stuffed suits with little to no regard for the veteran actors we all knew and loved for years. Well, I don't buy that Sesame Workshop had no choice. And when in doubt, I will always give my full loyalties to the three fine actors, not these unknown executives who miss the whole point of the show.