Hanna-Barbera

Erine81981

Reaction score
OHHHHHH MAN! I've been meaning to get a thread like this up on here so I could talk about my most favorite H-B shows ever. Now I know that most people here don't like a lot of the 70's H-B shows but I never did mind them at all.

I have loved Hanna Barbera ever since falling in love with Scooby Doo. He will always be my favorite in all the H-B universe. Mo Frackle I'm am so glad you have made this thread. Now I'll be here post my most favorite videos of all.

I even did a top 12 Hanna Barbera dog video for my love of H-B. If you want to check it out
here it is. I've thought about doing a Vol. 2 since I know there are lots more dog characters. Even a Top 12 Bear characters too. I might sooner or later get around to that later on.

I'm really excited for this reboot and can't wait for it to come out. I'm talking about the Scooby Doo theatrical movie coming 2018. You can read about it here on the wiki page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.C.O.O.B.

If anyone wants to share your collection of H-B that you have. I have not a lot but quite a bit of stuff. As in VHS, Coloring Books, figures & stuff toys. I thought I would do a video but I don't have anywhere to display it so It's all in my parents attic. Thanks also Mo for some of those really neat findings on YouTube of old classic behind the scenes or ads or specials

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Warner Brothers managed to track down the original outro song from THE PETER POTAMUS SHOW - the one that features Breezly and Sneezly instead of Ricochet Rabbit and Droop-a-Long. Also the original Ideal Toys intro, and some of the interstitial segments.

PETER POTAMUS and MAGILLA GORILLA were created around the same time, and were promoted by Ideal Toys. Originally, both series ended with a 'curtain call' segment. I don't believe the on for Magilla has been found. Once both shows moved from syndication to networks, their supporting segments were switched around - BREEZLY AND SNEEZLY were given to MAGILLA, and RICOCHET RABBIT and DROOP-A-LONG to POTAMUS. The 'curtain call' segments for both shows were reworked, as was MAGILLA'S intro. The animations of the switched characters were simply redrawn with their replacements. But because the singers of the POTAMUS 'curtain call' mention Breezly, that too had to be reworked. H-B's solution was to simply have a few people shout out "RICOCHET!" over "Breezly Bear." This outdo appeared on one of WB's Saturday Morning Cartoons DVD compilations.

That was a mouthful. Anyway, you can see the original 'curtain call' (albeit in black and white) on the Warner Archive's Facebook page.

They're preparing a DVD release:

http://www.wbshop.com/product/peter...19323.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

Syndicated version:

Network version:

Personally, I was never a big fan of either POTAMUS or MAGILLA. Though I always got a kick out of Ricochet Rabbit's sidekick Droop-a-Long - "here's your coffee, Mr. Ricoheeeeeeet" - voiced by the great Mel Blanc. But either way, I'm glad they were able to track this down.

Now if we can somehow get QUICK DRAW and the remaining seasons of HUCKLEBERRY HOUND out...

Last edited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
That's pretty cool about them finding those closing and openings for those show. To me any of the classic H-B characters are the ones I enjoy more of then the older 70's ones. I have all those Saturday Morning DVD of the 60's, 70's & 80's too.

I would love to buy all those H-B shows from Warner Brothers but I would rather them just release them to stores. I know I would buy them. It wouldn't bother me that there wouldn't be any Special Features or not. I just love anything H-B.

There are a few shows I don't care for but I still wouldn't mind owning the complete show of them.
Devlin is one of the show I didn't really care for but it still H-B so I would still own the DVD no matter what.

I did happen to come across "The Hurculoids" complete DVD at a retail store. I had seen it was coming out on the WB website. I didn't pay as much at this retail store then If I had order it online.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Was this thread really worthy of being stickied?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Strange. I don't think it needs the sticky treatment either.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wouldn't know but I'll just agree with everyone here.