TV Alert: Oscar the Grouch on The Ellen Show Tuesday January 10, 2017

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Eric as Oscar this is one I'm going to have to really get use to i suppose it was a good appearance though. I love that Grouch.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So that's Eric? I noticed the difference in his voice, but I thought that was just because Carroll's Oscar voice has changed of late as well. It's so hard to tell sometime.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Carroll has said he will do this as long as he can. He is also very selective about when and what he does.

Convincing John

Reaction score
To make it as simple as I can, Caroll's perfectly OK with Eric playing Oscar sometimes...and eventually passing the torch to Eric just as he was fine with Matt Vogel being Big Bird.

I saw Caroll and Debi at a convention last year and Caroll remarked how great a job Eric was doing with Oscar on another TV appearance that just aired. I was last in line and there was a lull in activity, so Caroll & I got to chat quite a bit.

Sometimes, Caroll can't perform his characters (puppetry and voice) due to a schedule conflict. Then Eric and Matt will do them. There was a Big Bird TV appearance the same time the convention was going on. So, Matt did Big Bird on the TV appearance and Caroll signed autographs and met fans elsewhere.

So, bottom line: Eric (and Matt) have the official seal of approval from Caroll to perform and continue his characters. Caroll's cool with it, so that's good enough for me. And yes, it's his choice and Caroll still has a "nest" at Sesame (even if it's just off camera).

Censored

Reaction score
So, bottom line: Eric (and Matt) have the official seal of approval from Caroll to perform and continue his characters. Caroll's cool with it, so that's good enough for me. And yes, it's his choice...
Sounds good. That's the way it should always be.