For when you're feeling down...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

"Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And

Always look on the bright side of life!"

- From Mony Python's Life of Brian

Some days we really hate life, we feel sad or angry or stressed out. But if we laugh or find something positive going on in the world, it can make you feel a whole lot better. So, share something that makes you happy when you're upset, or just share something that shows the good in the world. You might just brighten up someone's day! :smile:

Note: This IS NOT the same as the "What Made you frown Today" thread. This thread isn't to come vent about being upset, it's about cheering up. This also isn't the same as the "Smile" thread, which is about listing the things that made you happy that day.:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This family's pet duck flew away for the winter. But after the winter he came back to his home and was very happy to be back in a nice warm home, and eating their dog's food like there's no tomorrow:

I didn't know an adult duck could be that adorable. I also didn't know that ducks could be that emotionally attached to humans.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Interesting. It sounds like a cross between a Beatles song and The Partridge Family theme.
I felt a little bit of a Brady Bunch vibe myself, if only because earlier in the episode, Alvin mentioned one of Theodore's biggest fears is the Brady Bunch theme (that, and I was reminded of that Brady Bunch parody episode 2 STUPID DOGS did, complete with a random show-stopping number about lawnmowing).
This family's pet duck flew away for the winter. But after the winter he came back to his home and was very happy to be back in a nice warm home, and eating their dog's food like there's no tomorrow:

I didn't know an adult duck could be that adorable. I also didn't know that ducks could be that emotionally attached to humans.
As long as we're on the subject of duckies:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can attest to that; when I get to watching one bunny video, I just keep on keepin' on.

Ironically, I remember about a year ago or so, for whatever reason, I kept watching a bunch of Bigfoot videos . . . for really no reason. It did, however, lead me to this investigation of escaped (or freed) genetic creatures lurking in a forest park in the Netherlands that's been really, really interesting.

But hey, more duckies!