Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
A season 1 episode? I thought those were forbidden by PBS! Just imagine all the melted faces of the kids who happened to come across it! :eek:
Ugh, I could imagine kids today preferring season 19 episodes to these s1 episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly cannot believe how so many people out there actually thought Arthur and the gang really would be moving on to Grade 4 this season. ARTHUR's one of those shows that TV Tropes would describe as Status Quo Is God: there's been episodes in the past that would show the kids are moving on, only to be back to where they were afterwards. "The Last Day" wasn't the first episode where they were going to be moving on to Grade 4, and this season is supposed to include a TV movie about D.W. turning five and moving onto kindergarten, which already happened in a much older episode that has since been retconned.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Supposedly, a future episode will almost completely rehash the Chicken Lickin' episode, only this time it's the library Sue Ellen tries to save instead of the Sugar Bowl.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh wow. I know a lot of fans have been speculating about this for years, but apparently Marc Brown recently made an appearance at a school, where a student asked him if Francine is gay, to which he said that he's thought about it before, and that "she could be."

If this happened ten years ago, you can bet the house that ARTHUR would be boycotted right and left by morality and parental groups about this: remember how much outrage there was over J.K. Rowling revealing that Dumbledore was gay?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
If this happened ten years ago, you can bet the house that ARTHUR would be boycotted right and left by morality and parental groups about this: remember how much outrage there was over J.K. Rowling revealing that Dumbledore was gay?
Or remember how Postcards From Buster basically got pulled just because a kid very briefly mentioned that she had two moms.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, just that one episode never made it to air nationally (Drtooth swore WGBH in Boston aired it once). But in this case, I feel like the backlash would have been on a much larger scale, considering Francine is a major character in the franchise.

But interestingly, a lot of fans have been wanting the show to introduce a LGBT character for quite some time now . . . then again, they've also been wanting a goth character, an emo character, and all kinds of characters you can imagine would be controversial for a kids show to include.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What is that instrument Jon is playing? I haven't seen anything like that before. Looks like a trumpet with a keyboard that sounds like a harmonica.