Where are the older humans?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When it comes time to make cuts, seniority in supposed to be the standard. You don't fire people who have put most of their lives into making the show a success. You start with the ones who have been there the LEAST amount of time and work your way up.

However, I would be interested in seeing where all of your information is coming from about the poor corporate entities and their struggles. It sounds like a lot of assumptions with very little actual facts. And of course, there was also the implication that everything would have been ok if Bob would have just "kept his mouth shut." Again, there seems to be a rush to defend these unknown stuffed suits with little to no regard for the veteran actors we all knew and loved for years. Well, I don't buy that Sesame Workshop had no choice. And when in doubt, I will always give my full loyalties to the three fine actors, not these unknown executives who miss the whole point of the show.
Hey buddy, listen. There are other shows on TV besides Sesame Street. You don't have to keep obsessing over it so much. I never thought i'd say this but, Sesame Street is just a TV show. There are a million more important things in life. I know it can be really hard when something from your childhood just suddenly vanishes. I was super upset when I found out that not only were Gordon, Susan, Gina, Maria, Luis and Bob all gone, but even Leela and Mando were gone too! In fact, i'm still a little sad about it. But I can't waist my time being mad about it, when their are so many other things going on in life. And i've also discovered that being angry doesn't solve anything. The only thing that happens when you're angry is, it keeps you from enjoying life. Constantly ranting about the cast members getting the boot isn't going to change anything. It's not going to change the executive's minds, or the producers or writers' minds. The only thing we can do is except it and move on. I know that may sound a little harsh, but it's the truth. The only thing we can do is move on. It's not that the fans don't care, we really really do. It's just out of our hands.

But you know what? I for one am glad that I was born when I was, because I got a unique chance that kids today won't have- to get to know the likes of Bob, Maria and Gordon and even Linda before she left the show.
So lets not dwell on what may or may not have happened behind the scenes, let's just remember how the characters have changed our lives, helped shape who we are.
As Bob once said "...it'll never be the same around here without him. But, you know something? We can all be happy that we got a chance to be with him and to know him and to love him a lot when he was here."
And that's what we have. We have our very fond memories of growing up with these guys. And you know what? Someday, some kids will have the same fond memories about Leela, Chris, Nina and Alan.

And again, i'm extremely sorry that this has been so hard for you.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey buddy, listen. There are other shows on TV besides Sesame Street. You don't have to keep obsessing over it so much. I never thought i'd say this but, Sesame Street is just a TV show. There are a million more important things in life. I know it can be really hard when something from your childhood just suddenly vanishes. I was super upset when I found out that not only were Gordon, Susan, Gina, Maria, Luis and Bob all gone, but even Leela and Mando were gone too! In fact, i'm still a little sad about it. But I can't waist my time being mad about it, when their are so many other things going on in life. And i've also discovered that being angry doesn't solve anything. The only thing that happens when you're angry is, it keeps you from enjoying life. Constantly ranting about the cast members getting the boot isn't going to change anything. It's not going to change the executive's minds, or the producers or writers' minds. The only thing we can do is except it and move on. I know that may sound a little harsh, but it's the truth. The only thing we can do is move on. It's not that the fans don't care, we really really do. It's just out of our hands.

But you know what? I for one am glad that I was born when I was, because I got a unique chance that kids today won't have- to get to know the likes of Bob, Maria and Gordon and even Linda before she left the show.
So lets not dwell on what may or may not have happened behind the scenes, let's just remember how the characters have changed our lives, helped shape who we are.
As Bob once said "...it'll never be the same around here without him. But, you know something? We can all be happy that we got a chance to be with him and to know him and to love him a lot when he was here."
And that's what we have. We have our very fond memories of growing up with these guys. And you know what? Someday, some kids will have the same fond memories about Leela, Chris, Nina and Alan.

@Pig's Laundry as usual, you're preaching to the choir!! :smile:

@GeeBee Something else to consider: the veteran human cast members are not getting any younger. On lots of kiddie shows these days (not just Sesame), you won't see middle aged or elderly adults hosting the show. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE all 6 of the veteran humans to death, but I understand the show's choice to let them go (with the exception of Maria who chose to leave on her own terms a year earlier). Kids who watch the show nowadays connect better with Chris, Nina, and Alan (as well as Leela and Mando while they were still part of the show).

As a final note, if you want to see the veteran humans on a regular basis...well...YouTube is your friend; use it! There's a wealth of material to watch and enjoy anytime you please...

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is. Although the older humans won't officially be gone until next season. They're being severely phased out and the street just really feels empty without them. Makes me feel like I'm watching some sort of animated sesame series that doesn't include the older humans. Rather than the actual show.I think what makes this so hard for people like me and gee bee is the fact that these same people had always been there. And now they're just taking them all away. Luis had been there 45 years Bob Susan and Gordon for 47 years since day-1 and Gina for 30 years. Heck itd be the same if they were to drop cookie grover snuffy the count and telly from the show

Censored

Reaction score
@Pig's Laundry as usual, you're preaching to the choir!! :smile:

@GeeBee Something else to consider: the veteran human cast members are not getting any younger. On lots of kiddie shows these days (not just Sesame), you won't see middle aged or elderly adults hosting the show. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE all 6 of the veteran humans to death, but I understand the show's choice to let them go (with the exception of Maria who chose to leave on her own terms a year earlier). Kids who watch the show nowadays connect better with Chris, Nina, and Alan (as well as Leela and Mando while they were still part of the show).

As a final note, if you want to see the veteran humans on a regular basis...well...YouTube is your friend; use it! There's a wealth of material to watch and enjoy anytime you please...

What evidence is there that kids have a problem with the elderly or like the younger cast better? Really. I just want to see some facts to back it up.

As for YouTube, the problem is not that I am unable to see the veteran cast members, but rather the injustice of their being forced to leave.

Censored

Reaction score

I can accept change, just not unfair and unnecessary change.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I frankly don't like either of them.

Steve's intention seemed in the right place, though why he thought they'd actually put out a statement about their departure beforehand was completely misguided. Had they actually retired properly, they would've gotten much more positive feedback he had hoped they'd get and maybe awards in the same vein Sonia did, but honestly, Sonia is much more unique than them. Longevity wasn't the key to her recent adoration; she was an important stepping stone in Latin American women in media. I can't say Emilio did the same for men, but Roscoe wasn't a pioneer for African Americans and Bob was just an Irish tenor

Censored

Reaction score
I frankly don't like either of them.

Steve's intention seemed in the right place, though why he thought they'd actually put out a statement about their departure beforehand was completely misguided. Had they actually retired properly, they would've gotten much more positive feedback he had hoped they'd get and maybe awards in the same vein Sonia did, but honestly, Sonia is much more unique than them. Longevity wasn't the key to her recent adoration; she was an important stepping stone in Latin American women in media. I can't say Emilio did the same for men, but Roscoe wasn't a pioneer for African Americans and Bob was just an Irish tenor
Sorry you feel that way.