Strange "Elmo in Grouchland" VHS

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this before? Saw it on Ebay, planning to buy it tomorrow, unless someone knows more about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's strange about it? And, if you think it's strange, why do you want to buy it?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
What's strange about it? And, if you think it's strange, why do you want to buy it?
Should've explained more clearly, lol.

It's not as strange to me as it is intriguing.. I own 2 different copies of EIG on tape (long story on why, not intentional), one without label, an one with label.. and neither of them have that label in the picture. It looks incredibly unprofessional, without any sort of company logo. The tape length also doesn't appear to be the same length as the retail tape.. if I had to guess, I'd say it's a bootleg VHS from the theatrical run, but who knows.

As for buying, with shipping, it's under 5 dollars, so even if it's nothing interesting, I don't really loose anything, lol.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Actually, that's an AVON copy.
Thanks for the info :smile: Didn't even know AVON distrubuted the movie; perhaps they sold it through their magazine for subscribers before the retail tape? Who knows, lol.

Seems to be very little to no info about this version on the web, still gonna attempt to pick it up.