The Wander over Yonder Thread

C to the J

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. If anything, having a new show will more than likely lessen the chances of Wander ever returning because Craig'll be too busy.
Well, regardless of what will happen, I'm adamant that we haven't seen the last of Wander and the others.

If there's one thing I can't abide in the complicated world of television business, it's the way that a meaningful yet underrated show gets treated like it's a waste of time. Goodness knows why fewer people watched WOY while more people watched other shows. You'd think people who watch P&F, GF, and SvtFoE on Disney XD would have access to WOY.

C to the J

Reaction score
Get a load of this:
The folks running the channel were thoughtful enough to bring up 107 facts about the show. There may be a few errors (e.g. The voice said The Void and The Funk were from Season 2), but nothing serious. Oddly, when they mentioned Jennifer Hale and Demurra, they left out Ripov, who I believe is one of the fan favorites.

Oh, and just the other day, I noticed Kirby Buckets (that live-action show about a kid whose doodles come to life) has a third season going on. I know what you're thinking. "How is that even possible?" They stop Wander Over Yonder after two seasons, but they let some other shows that debuted after WOY keep going regardless of their popularity? I'm just about as puzzled as you are. Looking back on the Nielsen ratings for WOY, I can't help but think that the fans blame either the majority of the viewers for not tuning in or Disney for fouling up the chance to advertise.

That being said, tonight's the Annie Awards and Wander Over Yonder has a chance to win at least one. Other Disney shows that are nominated for some other categories are Gravity Falls (fortunately, it's not up against Wander), Milo Murphy's Law, Elena of Avalor, and, surprise-surprise, Paul Rudish's take on Mickey Mouse. What do you suppose people like best about the latter? The shorts are usually less than five minutes long and some of them would make John Kricfalusi proud. I'd hate to have them think that the shorts are WAY better than WOY episodes. WOY has more heart than most people think, and winning at least one or two should be enough to compel Disney to have Craig put his fourth show idea on hold and finish his third show HIS way and not Disney's way.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That being said, tonight's the Annie Awards and Wander Over Yonder has a chance to win at least one. Other Disney shows that are nominated for some other categories are Gravity Falls (fortunately, it's not up against Wander), Milo Murphy's Law, Elena of Avalor, and, surprise-surprise, Paul Rudish's take on Mickey Mouse. What do you suppose people like best about the latter? The shorts are usually less than five minutes long and some of them would make John Kricfalusi proud. I'd hate to have them think that the shorts are WAY better than WOY episodes. WOY has more heart than most people think, and winning at least one or two should be enough to compel Disney to have Craig put his fourth show idea on hold and finish his third show HIS way and not Disney's way.
At least there are no nominations that are undeserving.

C to the J

Reaction score
Well, the show didn't win any one of the three, but that doesn't faze me. After all, recognition is better than nothing. Besides, it occurred to me that if it had won even one, the crew would have felt it went on a high note.

Clay Satterfield has proof that just because a show hasn't won doesn't mean all is lost: http://kureisan28.tumblr.com/post/156833435460/thoughts-on-wander-over-yonders-status-on-the

Do what you will, but I'll continue to support the SaveWOY so the show can be finished Craig's way and not Disney's way.

C to the J

Reaction score
Over a year has passed since the public got the news about the uncalled-for cancellation, which Craig and the crew already knew back in late July of 2015. Already, I started to pick up more on the possible causes of Disney's decidedly despicable decision. For one thing, digital platforming became a thing in early 2015 right after all season one episodes aired. This allowed certain shows, especially Star vs. the Forces of Evil, which premiered in early 2015, to have better luck in ratings outside of television. What I'm getting at is, digital platforming came too late.

One the plus side, the show's been nominated for the Irish Animation Awards (the second season was animated at Boulder Media, based in Ireland) in three categories:
  • Kids' Choice Award for Best Animated Series
  • Best VFX as part of Animated TV Series or Film
  • Best Irish Feature Film or Special - My Fair Hatey (I never get tired of reading the title)
I've even come up with some thought-provoking pieces of philosophy.
  • Hater is an anagram of Heart.
  • Who are the executives to stand in the way of a season cartoonist's creative freedom?
  • What's the point of keeping an unfinished show in the archives if they don't let its creator finish it his way?
  • If there's one thing Wander and I have in common, we're both interested in making life better for everyone.
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

Frank Angones, the story editor of WOY, said on his Tumblr account, without revealing anything specific, that the third season was going to introduce three new threats much worse than Dominator, and they represent ego, id, and superego.

And that space chimp? It's an entirely different character dubbed "Monkeyboy." The Hater Chimp theory had already been debunked almost a year ago. He may have facial features similar to Hater's, but they're completely separate. If you think about it, Hater has some body parts that are more human-like than ape-like, so that makes sense.

C to the J

Reaction score
Trending 27th is coming up and it's going to be about sending love to Craig McCracken. His birthday is on the 31st, so I've a feeling this will be even bigger than the other Trending 27ths. At the moment, the fans are either brainstorming ideas or working on them. Sooner or later, Disney executives will rue the day they cross Craig.

C to the J

Reaction score
ChannelFrederator recently uploaded a new Whatever Happened To It?! video concerning Wander Over Yonder's discontinuation. I should tell you, though, nobody did some thorough fact-checking before they uploaded it. For example, the narrator says Craig has no plans for a new show. That's bupkis - in reality, he's already working on a pilot for a serialized action comedy show. They also forgot to mention Craig and the WOY crew's interest in returning to complete it if given the chance, as well as how season one's ratings on Disney XD prompted Disney to discontinue the show before The Greater Hater premiered.

I'm having this feeling that if a show that hardly fits Disney's standards gets picked up for a third season (and maybe a fourth), I'll have three words in mind: This means war. Seriously, though, we know better than that. Surely there's some way to put an end to this uncertainty plaguing the minds of Wander fans.

How about this: the extra money other Disney shows make are saved up to give WOY one more season. Or what if WOY was given a new name for the final season: Wander Over Yonder: Just You And Me. I got that idea after learning that VeggieTales in the House continued under a new name: VeggieTales in the City.

C to the J

Reaction score
I found that Disney is still receiving SaveWOY letters and emails. Frank Angones confirmed it himself.

"Yup. They are the most politely written complaints they've ever seen. And they've sparked good conversation as to how to engage fanbases who feel a sense of ownership of shows even after the shows are gone."

Things are certainly taking a turn for the better, but we mustn't cease our support for the show. I've been recording episodes of season two on demand (because they don't have episodes of season one at this time) just to boost some interest. If saving the show requires me to watch the entire season on demand, like, 7 more times, I'm willing to take that chance. I not only purchased the two seasons on iTunes several months ago, but I recently purchased over $40 worth of personalized items (a travel mug with Wander on it and a mouse pad with the WOY logo on the bottom left corner). Still, I wonder what more they want.

I'd also like to mention there are fan-made items that make up for Disney's lack of WOY merchandising. So far, we've gotten five months made and uploaded by "wanderin-over-yonder" (@narbleflarf on Twitter) - they even show characters on the birth dates of the people who voiced them (very clever). Speaking of birth dates, there will be another Trending 27th coming up and what luck! Jack McBrayer's birthday is on May 27th.

Lastly, Craig is working on the pilot for his fourth show, which, by the way, is based on an old idea he had before Wander Over Yonder came around.