Sesame Street Season 48 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kate McKinnon's awesome! Wonder what she and Big Bird will be getting up to?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Kate McKinnon's awesome! Wonder what she and Big Bird will be getting up to?
I dunno, but I love when the SNL cast members are on the show (sometimes). Sometimes they're great, other times they aren't given much to work with. So I hope she's used to her full potential.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They remade ABC-DEF-GHI? That's awesome.
Well, it looks like the usual long alphabet sign that we've seen in every version of the song, but we don't actually know for sure if they're redoing the song again. It's very likely that that's what they're doing, but I don't wanna assume anything until it's confirmed.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the usual long alphabet sign that we've seen in every version of the song, but we don't actually know for sure if they're redoing the song again. It's very likely that that's what they're doing, but I don't wanna assume anything until it's confirmed.
Well, it will be great to hear it again. I wonder if they'll rerecord the song, or do a previous recording of BB singing the song from back in the 80s, when Carroll's BB voice was more energetic sounding. Just curious there.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Here's a neat presentation from TIFF 2017 about how they get the films and animations done nowadays, with some insight into the new format:

They also give a little info on the next season:
  • A new Cookie Monster segment (yeah, ANOTHER!) about where food comes from
  • The focus is on diversity; season 49 will be about play

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A new Cookie Monster segment (yeah, ANOTHER!) about where food comes from
Is it me or does this segment and Smart Cookies sound like two halves of that Munchin' Impossible pilot they made back in 2009. Munchin' Impossible had the whole healthy eating, going to a farm to see where food comes from thing, it also had the secret agent aspect like Smart Cookies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Woah, you all mean to tell me that by the time Sesame Street reach its 50th anniversary...it will NOT be under it's original date of November 11, ***9, right ?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! CM is getting more of his own segments than Elmo. I can't believe season 48 is coming so soon. Heck, I'm still waiting for season 47 to air on PBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.