Thread Deletions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, an unfortunate casualty, I'm sorry to have to admit that. But there's a new thread started by Pigs Laundry called "For When You're Feeling Down" that I feel could serve as a substitute for the Smile thread, hope this helps.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So that explains why a good chunk of my likes and posts are gone then.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ah, I see. I was confused as to why my number of posts kept fluctuating. Stlll a bummer though, but what can you do. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And, apparently, the Trump thread has been deleted too. We specifically requested for that not to happen so we could preserve the 180 degree turn we had in the conversation, going from spending all day fighting amongst ourselves, to later realizing how ridiculous and silly our fighting was and agreeing that now is not the time to let our difference of views and beliefs stand in the way in our unity of wanting what's best for ourselves, those around us, and our country, whether we like Trump or not. It was such a turn that the rest of the country should be experiencing right now, and it also sent a very loud and clear message that we all really, truly are true Muppet fans that we were able to come together in spite of our differences. Yeah, the thread got out of hand at times, because after the event that unfolded, we specifically requested that if push came to shove, the thread be locked/closed instead of deleted entirely to preserve the example we made our working things out and coming together as Muppet fans.

Is it possible to archive all these old threads? Really sucks that these have to get deleted like this. :frown:
Seriously.

Yes, an unfortunate casualty, I'm sorry to have to admit that. But there's a new thread started by Pigs Laundry called "For When You're Feeling Down" that I feel could serve as a substitute for the Smile thread, hope this helps.
Both were completely different threads, though! The smile thread was simply a random thread of sharing things that put a smile on our faces for that particular day; Pig's Laundry's new thread is more about trying to relieve the stress of everyday life in our now rocky and turbulent world by sharing things to cheer each other up if we're having bad days.

I mean, by that token, you could delete either that "What Song Are You Currently Listening To" thread or "What Song is Stick in Your Head" thread, because both are virtually the same.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
And, apparently, the Trump thread has been deleted too. We specifically requested for that not to happen so we could preserve the 180 degree turn we had in the conversation, going from spending all day fighting amongst ourselves, to later realizing how ridiculous and silly our fighting was and agreeing that now is not the time to let our difference of views and beliefs stand in the way in our unity of wanting what's best for ourselves, those around us, and our country, whether we like Trump or not. It was such a turn that the rest of the country should be experiencing right now, and it also sent a very loud and clear message that we all really, truly are true Muppet fans that we were able to come together in spite of our differences. Yeah, the thread got out of hand at times, because after the event that unfolded, we specifically requested that if push came to shove, the thread be locked/closed instead of deleted entirely to preserve the example we made our working things out and coming together as Muppet fans.

Seriously.

Both were completely different threads, though! The smile thread was simply a random thread of sharing things that put a smile on our faces for that particular day; Pig's Laundry's new thread is more about trying to relieve the stress of everyday life in our now rocky and turbulent world by sharing things to cheer each other up if we're having bad days.

I mean, by that token, you could delete either that "What Song Are You Currently Listening To" thread or "What Song is Stick in Your Head" thread, because both are virtually the same.
Why did the Trump thread get deleted?

Schfifty

Reaction score
But what exactly is the reason for deleting it? Somebody left and wanted their own posts axed? I agree with D'Snowth about the thread also...it was a topic for us to share something that happened in our day which made us smile, A.K.A. made us happy. On the contrary, PL's thread is more for us to post things to make others feel good, not necessarily a direct copy of the former thread.

This is a serious issue. I don't get why all these long-standing threads are suddenly being deleted on a whim, and it's starting to bug me.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Explanation as in why this is happening:

The reason for the thread deletions was specified in the thread in the Feedback section, but primarily it's because certain people have either asked to have all their posts deleted or others have become banned members, and unfortunately due to the size of some mega-threads it ends up being better practice to boot the entire thing instead of having to cull for individual posts made by said certain individuals. Would much rather prefer if there was an option like a link or button for staff members that would allow us to just instantly delete just the specific member's posts/activity reducing them to 0 posts. Sorry for the inconvenience but it has to be done.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
But what exactly is the reason for deleting it? Somebody left and wanted their own posts axed? I agree with D'Snowth about the thread also...it was a topic for us to share something that happened in the day which made us smile, A.K.A. made us happy. On the contrary, PL's thread is more to post things to make others feel good, not necessarily a direct copy of the former thread.

This is a serious issue. I don't get why these threads are suddenly being deleted on a whim, and it's starting to bug me.
Answer is above.