Thread Deletions

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And, apparently, the Trump thread has been deleted too. We specifically requested for that not to happen so we could preserve the 180 degree turn we had in the conversation, going from spending all day fighting amongst ourselves, to later realizing how ridiculous and silly our fighting was and agreeing that now is not the time to let our difference of views and beliefs stand in the way in our unity of wanting what's best for ourselves, those around us, and our country, whether we like Trump or not. It was such a turn that the rest of the country should be experiencing right now, and it also sent a very loud and clear message that we all really, truly are true Muppet fans that we were able to come together in spite of our differences. Yeah, the thread got out of hand at times, because after the event that unfolded, we specifically requested that if push came to shove, the thread be locked/closed instead of deleted entirely to preserve the example we made our working things out and coming together as Muppet fans.
WHAAAAT!!!!! :mad: :mad::mad::mad: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue::stick_out_tongue: BWAAAAAAA!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I could care less about post counts - I stopped caring about post counts when MC switched from vBulletin to XenForo, and our post counts were no longer displayed prominently in our posts along our avatars and usernames . . . I don't even know what my post count is unless I go to my actual profile.

But still, a lot of these threads are part of the history of what made MC, well, MC . . . as I recall, the smile thread dates back to a time where a majority of MCers were feeling comfortable enough to come out of their shells and actually connect and bond with other members - prior to that, MC was a little more than just a forum for Muppet fans, there really was no sense of community. Over the course of 2005, more and more of us ventured out beyond just discussing Muppet productions, and we began getting involved in each other's lives and establishing the community that made MC such a special place back in the day. In a sense, our own history is being erased. Even if this is still a case of some random member wanting his/her posts deleted for whatever reason, while I can understand that yes, arguably, deleting the entire thread (particular one hundreds of pages long) is a lot easier and less of a hassle than combing through those hundreds of pages to delete the member's specific posts, this still isn't fair to the rest of us who invested time in those threads communicating with other members of our MC family. A lot of these threads have brought the community together (yes, even the Trump thread, when we learned to agree to disagree) - if someone no longer wants to be part of that, that's their own problem, it shouldn't have to be a disruption for the rest of us . . . it's not like when someone decides to move out of their parents or whoever's house and then it suddenly turns that entire family upside down.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
What I wanna know is, is the person/people that wants their posts deleted even aware that entire threads are being deleted? Maybe if someone told them that, maybe they'd change their tune.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If that's even this case this time around, Ed didn't specify, he just said he deleted the smile thread because he felt like your new thread served the same purpose, which it really doesn't.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well that sucks.

Like I suggested before, perhaps it would be a good idea to get some new staff members on board. There's only three at the moment (and as far as moderating goes I think The Count is the only active one in that direction) so perhaps this could be avoided by adding members like, say, D'Snowth to the team or something like that?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
On another note, I've been an admin before (and am currently still one on some forums) so I know what you guys are dealing with. But really, I don't think you owe it to the members to delete entire threads just because of the posts they posted themselves. There's one sore member who gets the benefit and 50+ that get their conversations axed. Others have said it before but really, it's not right.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds great. I'm all for new staff members, and I think 100 Eyes and Snowth could do a great job.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh wow, kind words there @Pig's Laundry ! You would be another one on my list of people who would be great mods.
Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, but I probably wouldn't be a very reliable mod. Trust me - Commitments, deadlines and being organized are not my strong points.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, but I probably wouldn't be a very reliable mod. Trust me - Commitments, deadlines and being organized are not my strong points.
They're not mine either, but I've modded successfully before and really, all a mod is is a 'champion of peace'. The only thing a mod has to do is try to keep arguments down, delete spam, and interact with the members.

At least that's been my experience - a bigger forum like MC might be different but I wouldn't know. :stick_out_tongue: