Thread Deletions

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They're not mine either, but I've modded successfully before and really, all a mod is is a 'champion of peace'. The only thing a mod has to do is try to keep arguments down, delete spam, and interact with the members.

At least that's been my experience - a bigger forum like MC might be different but I wouldn't know. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, you've convinced me a little more. I suppose, if I was asked then I probably wouldn't turn it down. And I guess if it was ever too much for me, I could always step down.

I think Oscarfan would be a good moderator too since he's an admin over at Muppet Wiki. But that's the thing, he's probably too busy.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Heralde too would be a good choice, and as D'Snowth would say, if Drtooth hadn't left... :wink:
Yeah, Drtooth came to my mind as well.
Heralde, I think would be a good choice. She'd be good at keeping the peace.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeah, Drtooth came to my mind as well.
Heralde, I think would be a good choice. She'd be good at keeping the peace.
Exactly, and when the Trump thread was still up she was pretty much the only person who acted neutrally to the issue despite having voted against him.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, no... heralde and Drtooth would not make for good moderators at this forum given past incidents, which makes me wary of having to post this publically. Then again, I've been gone for most of the afternoon and night so I'm not sure what the conversation taking place here entails exactly. *Flips sign to "Closed".

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Er, no... heralde and Drtooth would not make for good moderators at this forum given past incidents, which makes me wary of having to post this publically. Then again, I've been gone for most of the afternoon and night so I'm not sure what the conversation taking place here entails exactly. *Flips sign to "Closed".
Then if you could choose or vote or something is there someone you have in mind?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
We were merely discussing people whom we would like to see as staff members if our input were going to be taken on board. I've only been on MC for less than two years, so I was basing this on more recent behavior. Sorry about that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, that's okay, like I said, I've been away all day and didn't know what discussion was taking this thread off topic.

If I were to be able to nominate some forum members to become fabled "Mod Assistants" or "Right Hands", I'd nominate Beauregard and Skeeter Muppet as they pretty much embody the spirit of the forums as well as demonstrated the ability to shoulder said responsabilities.

Then again, the whole granting people mod status here is a big mystery, I was the lastest addition and that was nearly ten years ago. *Shrugs.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i know I know there was a lot of folks that wanted me to be a mod, but I have my reservations about it.