Thread Deletions

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I too have often thought that Beau would make for an excellent mod around here as well, however, with the exception of his recent little drop-in, he hasn't been particularly active with the forum in recent years (same with Skeeter Muppet - I can't even remember the last time I've seen her around here), and I think that was an issue that was brought up before: bringing in new mods who are active among the forum to help ensure problems are resolved with as little wait time as possible so that way everything doesn't have to rely on whenever Ed or Phil have the time to check into things themselves. I'm not saying anybody needs to devote their every waking minute to MC, but I still feel like if somebody is ever installed as a new mod around here should be somebody who is regularly active, and therefore quick to respond to problems that arise. I would agree Drtooth would be an ideal mod, but not only is he through with forums altogether, I know he'd turn down the offer anyway.

Experience would be nice too - like 1,000 Eyes, I too have admin'd and modded forums as well, but I'm not on MC everyday like I used to be, so I don't think I'd be as good for the job as people think I would be.

Again, this is just my thinking, but I believe whoever would be a new mod around here needs to be more than just somebody who's been here for a long time.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I too have often thought that Beau would make for an excellent mod around here as well, however, with the exception of his recent little drop-in, he hasn't been particularly active with the forum in recent years (same with Skeeter Muppet - I can't even remember the last time I've seen her around here), and I think that was an issue that was brought up before: bringing in new mods who are active among the forum to help ensure problems are resolved with as little wait time as possible so that way everything doesn't have to rely on whenever Ed or Phil have the time to check into things themselves. I'm not saying anybody needs to devote their every waking minute to MC, but I still feel like if somebody is ever installed as a new mod around here should be somebody who is regularly active, and therefore quick to respond to problems that arise. I would agree Drtooth would be an ideal mod, but not only is he through with forums altogether, I know he'd turn down the offer anyway.

Experience would be nice too - like 1,000 Eyes, I too have admin'd and modded forums as well, but I'm not on MC everyday like I used to be, so I don't think I'd be as good for the job as people think I would be.

Again, this is just my thinking, but I believe whoever would be a new mod around here needs to be more than just somebody who's been here for a long time.
The reason I would suggest you for the job is that you are on the forums a lot, and you're a veteran member (you were top poster actually before the thread deletions began). From posts I've seen from the old days, I agree Beauregard and Skeeter Muppet would be good choices for mods, but like you said, they don't seem to come around very often.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
The reason I would suggest you for the job is that you are on the forums a lot, and you're a veteran member (you were top poster actually before the thread deletions began). From posts I've seen from the old days, I agree Beauregard and Skeeter Muppet would be good choices for mods, but like you said, they don't seem to come around very often.
I think there needs to be a lot more that goes in to it than somebody that is around here a lot and posts a lot. No offense to D'Snowth intended. But a moderator needs to be even keel and fair and above the fray.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think there needs to be a lot more that goes in to it than somebody that is around here a lot and posts a lot. No offense to D'Snowth intended. But a moderator needs to be even keel and fair and above the fray.
Which would leave a lot of us out...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Oh I completely agree. But even mods are humans, and the only time D'Snowth has been a bit unfair was in the Trump thread, but it's been patched over since.

But hey, I'm not the admin here - I can't appoint the members, only suggest them. It's Phillip's call. :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news:
It is a sad thing to say, but the "Boy, Is This Forum Dead Today?" thread has been deleted. There was just to many posts across far too many pages to precise and excise the crap posted by certain banned members, along with the related run-on posts that just continued to feed the trollers. So the only solution was to simply jettison the whole thing.

Which is another reason why us mods/staffers should have a button/link/whatever available to us that can target a specific forum member's online activity in order to eliminate it all at once instead to have us hunting through the various threads to click on each individual post and/or related post.
Sorry for the inconvenience. :cry:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It is a sad thing to say, but the "Boy, Is This Forum Dead Today?" thread has been deleted. There was just to many posts across far too many pages to precise and excise the crap posted by certain banned members, along with the related run-on posts that just continued to feed the trollers. So the only solution was to simply jettison the whole thing.

Which is another reason why us mods/staffers should have a button/link/whatever available to us that can target a specific forum member's online activity in order to eliminate it all at once instead to have us hunting through the various threads to click on each individual post and/or related post.
Ridiculous that all of these thread deletions have been happening lately.

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Afte a thread has been deleted are we allowed to start another one with the same title?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Afte a thread has been deleted are we allowed to start another one with the same title?

Dunno... If it's a thread meant for the Games section you'd have to either pitch it in the Games Ideas thread or contact me to talk about it. Regarding this particular thread, since it was one of Snowths' many randomness larf-fests, I'd defer to asking him if he'd want to start the new thread. If not, then I'd leave it alone. Hope this answers your question. *Shrugs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Regarding this particular thread, since it was one of Snowths' many randomness larf-fests, I'd defer to asking him if he'd want to start the new thread.
You know, I just now realized what a bizarre coincidence that a majority of these threads that have been deleted were started by me. Hmm. . . .