And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently Netflix is coming out with another new original series called DEAR WHITE PEOPLE, which itself is apparently adapted from a movie with the same name.

Now, granted, I actually haven't heard of either the movie or this new show coming out, and even though the series hasn't made its debut yet, already the reaction is backlash and outcry over it by racist white people who continue to accuse black people of "reverse racism," and some are even going so far as to say that "White Rights" are being threatened by black people and that white people in America need to start "fighting back and protecting their rights again."

This is America. The country that's supposed to be united and diverse is everything but. A country where for decades (centuries, even) one race was oppressed, repressed, and attacked by another race, and now said other race is claiming that the race they've treated like scum all this time is doing the same to them, which is nothing more than a whole lotta bull cookies.

Clearly, America has learned absolutely nothing about race relations and diversity. Like Jamie said in the now-deleted Trump thread, there is no such thing as "reverse racism" because racism is racism, plain and simple. But it's still sickening that in recent months, racism and hate crimes have been on the incline because more and more closeted racists are crawling out of the woodwork, feeling emboldened and empowered now because of who's in the White House. If there's ever been a race that should be oppressed and repressed, it's racists. Remember what Maya Angelou once said: children are not born into hatred, they are taught to hate.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I hope Trump doesn't change waking up every morning as an American from this....
To this......
In the Family Guy episode where Peter gets a stroke and starts singing this song in the car, it's freaky how much it sounds like he says "Donald Trump" at the "baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped," part.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Also, I love this song and completely agree with it's message:
This song also really speaks to me as both a Christian and an American:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why can't we all just get along, and not hate other people just because the color of there skin?
Because apparently the rest of America hasn't grown up like we did recently, and it's like I said before - if the small number of us could have our eyes opened and see how ridiculous and petty we were being, the rest of the country needs to have that exact same thing happen to them.

For the record, I've looked into the series a little bit, and from what I've gathered, the series is supposed to be a satirical look at the lives of black Ivy Leaguers, and what they go through at the hands of their white peers . . . but apparently, most people (and again, mostly Trump supporters) didn't even bother to look into that, they still say this is more propaganda pushing the black agenda to do away with "White Rights" and "White Privilege."

But you know what's really, really interesting? One comment I read actually confirms my suspicion as to why Trump supporters are ramping up their racist behavior as of late: one person commented something to the extent of "Black people will never be happy until they make white people their slaves." This is pretty much exactly what I said I suspected in the Trump thread before it was deleted: statistics are showing that by the year 2050 (if not sooner), whites in America will be the new racial minority, while blacks will be the new racial majority . . . I suspect that many a racist white is downright scared of that happening and think blacks will use that as a means to oppress whites as a way of "getting back" at them for all they put them through, so I'm sure that's why so many racist people are claiming their rights and privilege are being threatened, and this is why racist behavior and hate crimes are on an influx: they're trying to prevent this from happening.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Because apparently the rest of America hasn't grown up like we did recently, and it's like I said before - if the small number of us could have our eyes opened and see how ridiculous and petty we were being, the rest of the country needs to have that exact same thing happen to them.

For the record, I've looked into the series a little bit, and from what I've gathered, the series is supposed to be a satirical look at the lives of black Ivy Leaguers, and what they go through at the hands of their white peers . . . but apparently, most people (and again, mostly Trump supporters) didn't even bother to look into that, they still say this is more propaganda pushing the black agenda to do away with "White Rights" and "White Privilege."

But you know what's really, really interesting? One comment I read actually confirms my suspicion as to why Trump supporters are ramping up their racist behavior as of late: one person commented something to the extent of "Black people will never be happy until they make white people their slaves." This is pretty much exactly what I said I suspected in the Trump thread before it was deleted: statistics are showing that by the year 2050 (if not sooner), whites in America will be the new racial minority, while blacks will be the new racial majority . . . I suspect that many a racist white is downright scared of that happening and think blacks will use that as a means to oppress whites as a way of "getting back" at them for all they put them through, so I'm sure that's why so many racist people are claiming their rights and privilege are being threatened, and this is why racist behavior and hate crimes are on an influx: they're trying to prevent this from happening.
You would think that after having a black president for the last 8 years the race issue but be a thing of the past.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
You would think that after having a black president for the last 8 years the race issue but be a thing of the past.
Well you are always going to have racism. That'll never go away. The nation has made huge improvements since the 60s-70s but it still has a long ways to go. But D'snowth's theory is just plain ridiculous. But hey, it's confirmed by one (ONE!!!) comment. But that's what D'snowth does routinely. Take one comment or one action by a person and applies it to everybody who doesn't fit or agree with point of view. Talk about stereotyping!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?!!!
Don't you ever get tired of throwing shade and blame at the other side? That's what all of you do: you guys say and do these racist things, then you blame the other said for the things you say and do to relieve yourselves of your own responsibilities. You can blame me for generalizing all you want, but this is what the majority of reaction to this new show is: Trump supporters crying reverse racism and whining about their "White Rights" and "White Privilege" being threatened -- it's kind of hard not to generalize when this is what a majority acts like . . . how does that make me "wrong"? Are you the only one who didn't learn anything last month?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?!!!
Well you are always going to have racism. That'll never go away. The nation has made huge improvements since the 60s-70s but it still has a long ways to go. But D'snowth's theory is just plain ridiculous. But hey, it's confirmed by one (ONE!!!) comment. But that's what D'snowth does routinely. Take one comment or one action by a person and applies it to everybody who doesn't fit or agree with point of view. Talk about stereotyping!
I don't get it. How is he stereotyping? I didn't see anything to prove him wrong. It's true that some racists are attacking the show, seemingly without doing any research on it. And it's not hard to figure out that many of them are Trump supporters simply by viewing their Facebook, Twitter or Youtube page. Also, it's not hard to figure out that most racists voted for Trump. That doesn't mean that all Trump supporters are racists, but it seems pretty obvious that most racists seem to have voted for him.

And even if most of the show's detractors are not racist per say, they're still not right to jump to conclusions about the show when their's still such little information about it.

And another thing. Sadly, you don't have to go very far to find comments on the internet about the supposed "white genocide" and "black privilege". Some people hate the thought of diversity and having to look at things through another point of view. We wouldn't be talking about this if it wasn't more than just a few people.

Now, this is just my perspective, but you don't seem to be as tolerant and unbiased as you make yourself out to be.