Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

David French

Reaction score
And all those major voices (Ryan Roe, Joe Hennes, JD Hansel, Steve Swanson, Jarrod Fairclough, Greg James, Ryan Dosier, certain members of this forum, etc.) should be ashamed of themselves for refusing to join the movement, for not acting like true Muppet fans and for failing to realize that Disney wants them to keep calling them and writing them. :mad:
I refused to join because I thought it was one of the most inane and moronic ideas in the history of inane and moronic ideas. However many years later it is, I *still* think it was one of the most inane and moronic ideas in the history of inane and moronic ideas. And it is highly unlikely I will ever change my mind either.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I refused to join because I thought it was one of the most inane and moronic ideas in the history of inane and moronic ideas. However many years later it is, I *still* think it was one of the most inane and moronic ideas in the history of inane and moronic ideas. And it is highly unlikely I will ever change my mind either.
Then, be a true Muppet fan and change your mind! It's a great idea!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sales decline year-after-year.

As much as I'd love physical media like VHS and DVD to become a thing again, DVDs have unfortunately been surpassed by streaming.
It also doesn't help that practically all DVD releases are Vanilla Editions anymore (mainly because they want you to buy the Bluray releases instead). Heck, John R. Dilworth has taken it upon himself to post commentaries for fans on his YouTube channel because Cartoon Network released all four seasons of COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG with no special features whatsoever.

That also brings me to. . . .

Remind me the last time an online fan petition worked.
If I ever hear of any results being made in regards to the 2003 petition asking Cartoon Network to greenlight a fifth season of Courage, I'll let you know.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I still disagree. DVDs WILL continue to be a thing and become a thing again as our economy heals.

No time for pessimism.
Dude, 20th Century Fox has stopped releasing complete season DVD/Blu Ray sets of the Simpsons. One of the most popular TV shows of all time that's still going strong today. Yet they still felt that releasing it on DVD wasn't worth it anymore. I hate to say this, but if the people behind the Simpsons doesn't see the need in releasing complete DVD sets, what chance does the Muppet show have?

Sorry but the DVD market IS a dying one, ESPECIALLY for TV shows. And it's not a problem with the economy either. It's because the majority of people would rather have their favorite TV shows and movies streamed than have physical disc copies taking up space. Combine that with the fact that Muppets Most Wanted wasn't exactly a huge box office hit and the Muppets TV show lasted a mere one season with falling ratings, well again it KILLS me to say this, but seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet show seems like a total pipe dream.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's because the majority of people would rather have their favorite TV shows and movies streamed than have physical disc copies taking up space.
Mainly it's because they're lazy. They don't want to have to do all of the work of pulling a DVD off a shelf, inserting it into a player, skipping through trailers and promos, and navigating through menus to get to what they want to watch.

But even streaming has drawbacks too, namely. . . .

This is the biggest complaint I hear from people who have Netflix is when shows and movies are removed from their service, then it's like end of the world. One-time purchase of the DVD and it's yours forever, whenever you want to watch it, without having to worry about it being taken away from you. So what if you have to do some physical activity of having to put the disc into the player and navigate through some menus? Once upon a time, people had to get up out of their seats, walk over to the TV, and turn a bunch of dials to change the channel, adjust the brightness/contrast, change the volume, etc. because remotes didn't exist then.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Mainly it's because they're lazy. They don't want to have to do all of the work of pulling a DVD off a shelf, inserting it into a player, skipping through trailers and promos, and navigating through menus to get to what they want to watch.

But even streaming has drawbacks too, namely. . . .

This is the biggest complaint I hear from people who have Netflix is when shows and movies are removed from their service, then it's like end of the world. One-time purchase of the DVD and it's yours forever, whenever you want to watch it, without having to worry about it being taken away from you. So what if you have to do some physical activity of having to put the disc into the player and navigate through some menus? Once upon a time, people had to get up out of their seats, walk over to the TV, and turn a bunch of dials to change the channel, adjust the brightness/contrast, change the volume, etc. because remotes didn't exist then.
Maybe for some people it's a "lazy" thing. But for others, they can take up a lot of space very quickly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, streaming and such can take up a lot of space (and memory) on your hard drive, thus bogging down your computer (that is if you're using a computer to stream).

Not to mention, you have to have a reliable internet connection to stream, which some people out there don't have the luxury of.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Dude, 20th Century Fox has stopped releasing complete season DVD/Blu Ray sets of the Simpsons. One of the most popular TV shows of all time that's still going strong today. Yet they still felt that releasing it on DVD wasn't worth it anymore. I hate to say this, but if the people behind the Simpsons doesn't see the need in releasing complete DVD sets, what chance does the Muppet show have?

Sorry but the DVD market IS a dying one, ESPECIALLY for TV shows. And it's not a problem with the economy either. It's because the majority of people would rather have their favorite TV shows and movies streamed than have physical disc copies taking up space. Combine that with the fact that Muppets Most Wanted wasn't exactly a huge box office hit and the Muppets TV show lasted a mere one season with falling ratings, well again it KILLS me to say this, but seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet show seems like a total pipe dream.
Such a pessimistic attitude will not be tolerated. :grr: