Muppet Fan Confessions

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Honestly, I always thought it was underrated. Everyone talks about how great The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper are (the first one I totally agree with, it's one of my all-time favorite films; the latter I have yet to watch...) but The Muppets Take Manhattan is an interesting different take on the Muppets getting together. Not as good as The Muppet Movie but still good.
Yeah, Muppets Take Manhattan was always one of my favorite Muppet movies (it's in my top three with the original and Most Wanted ). I could never really get into The Great Muppet Caper like I could the first and third ones. There are certainly some scenes that I enjoy, like the John Cleese and Oscar the Grouch cameos, the opening number, and the Happiness Hotel song, but other than that, the rest is pretty boring to me.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Why do you think it is? Just curious:smile:
I just can't agree that it was one of the best Muppet productions ever made. Let's leave it at that.

And just to throw in a 2nd confession, I've never really liked any of Bill Barrettas original characters. Pepe can be very irritating, Bobo is a bit bland and I couldn't care less about Johnny Fiama.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeah, Muppets Take Manhattan was always one of my favorite Muppet movies (it's in my top three with the original and Most Wanted ). I could never really get into The Great Muppet Caper like I could the first and third ones. There are certainly some scenes that I enjoy, like the John Cleese and Oscar the Grouch cameos, the opening number, and the Happiness Hotel song, but other than that, the rest is pretty boring to me.
I have a friend who's pretty big on it on another forum, and everyone there loves "Hey, A Movie!" so all let's left is for me to watch the thing. :stick_out_tongue:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
-I still haven't watched Farscape and I admitted that in front of Gigi Edgley at Comic-Con. She asked me if I'd seen it and I simply said no.
-I used to think that Sweetums's name was Jack.
-I used to that the Crack Master animation was from the Electric Company and not Sesame Street.
-I used to think that Marjory the Trash Heap was male (even though her name is Marjory)
-I used to think the Yip-Yips were Twiddlebugs for a while.
-I didn't like the Sesame Street segments that weren't Muppets, animations, or the Weigman dogs when I was younger.
-I didn't like the Java sketch when I first saw it because I thought the big Java was a complete jerk for kicking the little Java (I like it now though)
-I still watched Plaza Sesamo when I was in 8th Grade to help me learn Spanish
-I used to think that all of the cows on TMS & SS were named Gladys for some reason
-I tore up a Fraggle Rock book on accident when I was little (Mom says that I did that because I loved it to pieces, LOL!)
-I used to watch videos of Elmo getting hurt, saying bad words, or killing Barney back when I was a rebellious middle schooler with a sick sense of humor
-I tried to flush an Ernie toy down the toilet when I was little (I forget what made me want to do that, but I'm pretty sure it was just 3rd year old toilet humor)
-I used to think our president Franklin Roosevelt's name was Roosevelt Franklin
-A kid at school used to call me Uncle Traveling Matt because my name is Matt and I like Fraggle Rock (not really a confession but just something funny and Muppet-related).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
HTFFan's Muppet Confession Part 2:Fraggle Rock Edition:

-I didn't know the names of Philo & Gunge when I first started watching Fraggle Rock and simply called them "the creatures that hung out with the Trash Heap,"
-I used to call the Red River Gorge in Kentucky the Red River Gorg
-I used to giggle every time I said Boober because he has a certain word for female breasts in his name
-I totally had a freakout of cartoon geek excitement when I found out that Rob Paulsen was the voice of Boober in the cartoon
-I got disgusted by hearing the guy who plays Doc say bad words in the movie "The Boondocks Saints,"
-I used to say that my friend looked like Red Fraggle when she got embarrassed (not really a nice thing to say, but she thought it was funny)
-One day when I was 5, my friend and I were eating Chinese food together and she admitted that she didn't know what Fraggle Rock was so that night at our sleepover, I read her the book "What's a Fraggle?" because I couldn't stand the thought of her not knowing about Fraggles
-I used to mess with a plush puppet of Gobo and make him say immature things like "Deez nuts,"
-I wrote an extremely immature comedy fan fiction about Sprocket humping on Junior Gorg's leg
-I used to get Cantus and Uncle Traveling Matt confused for some reason
-I didn't like the Begoony character because I had a bit of claustrophobia (that I've since grown out of) and the thought of him shrinking Mokey and putting her in a dollhouse freaked me out a bit
-The Boober's dream episode also used to make me a feel uneasy (maybe because of the flying Whoopie Cushion)
-When I was a toddler, I would eat Chex-Mix just because my mom told me that Fraggles like it (she nicknamed it Radish Pie for that reason)
-I got in trouble for singing the Fraggle Rock theme song in a screaming half-shrieking voice at school once (later that day, I did the same thing again with the song "Wake Me Up When September Ends", I was SO stubborn back then, LOL!)

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Third confession!

As much as I adore Frank, I prefer Eric's performances of Piggy, Fozzie and Sam. Especially Piggy, considering I generally skip over any of her solo moments in TMS and anything up until MFS.

You know, this is actually kind of therapeutic.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Third confession!

As much as I adore Frank, I prefer Eric's performances of Piggy, Fozzie and Sam. Especially Piggy, considering I generally skip over any of her solo moments in TMS and anything up until MFS.

You know, this is actually kind of therapeutic.
I'm the exact opposite when it comes to Fozzie. I feel that Fozzie was Frank's best and funniest character, besides Grover. Now Eric has done a wonderful job, with Grover, but in the past years Fozzie has been deeply lacking.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :skeptical:
I always thought that Johnny Fiama was overrated, I will be waiting for the hate comments.
But my confession is that I really hate the Muppets 2011 film. I hate it with a passion