Star Butterfly Vs. The Forces of Evil Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even though Wander is getting canned, at least Star Vs. is getting another season along with Two More Eggs! :smile:
I'd be very disappointed if it didn't. The season finale seemed like it should have been 2 episodes. Toffee seemed to slink away without cursing vengeance or saying or even reacting to anything. He doesn't seem like the type to get a slow boil, so why he had that reaction seemed to be the biggest cliffhanger for me, even though it's subtle. Not to mention the cracked wand. Plus, this would be an excellent opportunity to make the Headmistress of Mada O's the series' next big villain. I liked Ludo as a goofy, cartoonish villain, but really felt the series needed to be taken up a notch. Plus, we really need to see Star find out her people weren't the good guys in Mewnie's manifest destiny with the monsters.

This series is really shaping up to be dark and serious for its second season. I'm excited for it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Season 2 just debuted, and while "My New Wand" was largely a silly plot involving Star "dipping down" to get Marco un-trapped in a closet, it's the following episode, "Ludo and the Wild" that is really worth talking about. While it focuses on Ludo's quest to survive in a dark, desolate forest that Star banished him to (which lacks a lot of dialogue and music to really hammer in how hard it is for him), it's near the end where
it's revealed that the forest is located in Mewni.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Mina Loveberry was hilarious, and it only makes sense that Star would idolize someone even crazier than her. It's only when Mina threatened to conquer Earth that made Star realize just how dangerous she is. Love how she has Sailor Moon's hairdo and transformation sequence, too.

The senile, midlife crisis-suffering King Butterfly even returned in the following episode where Marco and his family go camping. I loved his random nervous breakdown over a staring contest with a bald eagle, having trouble coming to terms over his daughter's maturity.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is it me, or is the tone different in this season? It feels very quiet and awkward a lot of the time; there's not much of a backing score for a lot of the action.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really liked yesterday's episode with Star and Marco taking care of Buff Frog's tadpoles while he went out on a mission, but the concurrent episode paired with it that focused on Buff Frog trying to complete said mission with his evil buddies all the while trying to hide the fact that he's a father was even better. Especially when it was revealed that all that contraband corn that non-Mewmans aren't allowed to have
was for Ludo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, there's a comic book tie in now, apparently. Almost grabbed it, but I really can't afford to start a completely new series now. Surprised there wasn't any fanfare for it, but only one copy was left when I got to the comics shop yesterday.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Did anyone else watch the slumber party episode with that truth or dare cube that punishes those who lie? It really brought forth the nightmare fuel we've come to expect, and also teased a lot of Star x Marco shippers in the process.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The newest episodes were a Halloween one where Star helps Marco's dad make a scary haunted house by summoning a ghost, which goes horribly right if you know what I mean. The other is a deconstruction, which shows that all the creatures she summons actually live inside her wand, and shows the real importance of the Spider With a Top Hat.
Essentially, he's a last resort when all the more powerful monsters are badly beaten, as he's equipped with a laser gatling that shoots little top hats like bullets.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, has anyone else been catching up with the wave of new episodes? They just finished off the 2nd season, and all I can say is that the last two half-hour eps sure were intense.