Hanna-Barbera

Erine81981

Reaction score
So, that new Snagglepuss comic was just released. I'm all for more Hanna-Barbera, but yuck, I'm not a fan of the DC designs. I know, it's their style, but it just doesn't fit for me.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/dcs-latest-hanna-barbera-comic-will-reimagine-snagglepu-1791836954
http://io9.gizmodo.com/dcs-latest-hanna-barbera-comic-will-reimagine-snagglepu-1791836954
Am the same way. I don't care for cartoon characters looking real in comics. I would rather them stay catoony looking anyways but whatever floats anyone's boat is fine with me.

Well, Snagglepuss was pretty obviously gay in the original, so not much change there.
I never saw Snagglepuss ever as being gay. Yes he had that voice but that doesn't mean he was gay at all. Now I understand that I'm not against any body being gay or even a fictional character being gay. I'm fine with that but just cause of the way he talks is what everyone thinks or makes him gay.
I never saw him ever go after a guy type character and say "Man he looks really good in those pants or hat."
I don't know why anyone would think that. I never saw his characteristics ever
make him seem or act at all gay. Sorry but it blows my mind to think that.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ya know, I honestly can't even remember when or if I've ever watched a Snagglepuss cartoon - it was probably when I was a toddler or a little kid (back when classic HB cartoons ruled the cable airwaves and video stores), so I probably never picked up on any indication, lol.

But then again, I notice the consensus of the internet is that Larry 3000 from TIME SQUAD is gay - that show I remember more clearly, and I never really picked up on that, however, I do remember how much he and Tuddrussel would bicker a lot, lol. Then again, so did Krang and Shredder, but even James "Uncle Phil" Avery played with that as well when talking about what Shredder has been up to in recent times: "Krang and I are divorced now. I haven't seen him in many years. I kind of miss him, but not really, he was always such a nag."

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ya know, I honestly can't even remember when or if I've ever watched a Snagglepuss cartoon - it was probably when I was a toddler or a little kid (back when classic HB cartoons ruled the cable airwaves and video stores), so I probably never picked up on any indication, lol.

But then again, I notice the consensus of the internet is that Larry 3000 from TIME SQUAD is gay - that show I remember more clearly, and I never really picked up on that, however, I do remember how much he and Tuddrussel would bicker a lot, lol. Then again, so did Krang and Shredder, but even James "Uncle Phil" Avery played with that as well when talking about what Shredder has been up to in recent times: "Krang and I are divorced now. I haven't seen him in many years. I kind of miss him, but not really, he was always such a nag."
I feel the same way. Well look at Ernie and Bert. Every time a gay couple ever mentioned them they think they are gay. It doesn't bother me but why in the world would you think just cause your gay doesn't mean every fictional character or characters are gay. Yeah I know they want certain characters to be gay just so they can have some type of Television or Fictional person or animal they can relate too. Did anyone ever think Hokey Wolf or Mildew Wolf to be gay too? They have funny sounding voices. Plus with Paul Lynde was gay even tho it was years later when people found out. Yeah I know. I don't care but now all I'm thinking about is seeing Fan Art of Snagglepuss either making out with other Hanna Barbera characters and to me it's just wrong. But I can live with it. I do want to check out these comics but I just can't get over how they are drawn. I want cartoony looking classic HB characters.

Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Wacky Races, Johnny Quest and the rest of the HB Super Heros. Those don't bother me at all. I really do like what they've done with them. I haven't gotten to read any of the comics yet (but I really want to) but why not keep the classics like they are or make classic HB characters from the late 50's through the early 60's shows into another comic that has them just like they are in the show. I do want to read that one with Snagglepuss in it just to see how it comes out but why not make some other comics just like how they looked in the show then trying to make them look realistic.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I have some questions for @Erine81981.

Favorite Hanna-Barbera show?

Least favorite show by the two?

Favorite character/characters?

Least favorite character or characters?

Pixie, Dixie, or Mr. Jinx?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Favorite Hanna-Barbera show? "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?" (1969-1970)

Least favorite show by the two? "Get A Clue Scooby Doo" (it's Alright not all that great)

Favorite character/characters? Scooby Doo

Least favorite character or characters? Don't really have any from the Scooby Doo Universe

Pixie, Dixie, or Mr. Jinx? Mr. Jinx

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Favorite Hanna-Barbera show? "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?" (1969-1970)

Least favorite show by the two? "Get A Clue Scooby Doo" (it's Alright not all that great)

Favorite character/characters? Scooby Doo

Least favorite character or characters? Don't really have any from the Scooby Doo Universe

Pixie, Dixie, or Mr. Jinx? Mr. Jinx
Nice. I really like your answers.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Why Thank You!
Ok. Now for you to answer the same questions you asked me.
Why you are quite welcome! Alrighty. I will be happy to answer those for you.

Favorite show: The Flintstones

Least favorite show: None

Favorite characters: Pixie & Dixie

Least favorite characters: Scrappy Rex and Mr. Jinx

Pixie, Dixie, or Mr. Jinx? Pixie

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Since the studio had such a long run, I'll split some of these up by decade. In fairness, I haven't seen every single H-B show ever produced. I don't think I could stomach that. But these answers will be based on what I'm familiar with.

Favorite Hanna-Barbera show?
'50s/'60s: Pretty much everything from The Huckleberry Hound Show through The Jetsons.

'70s: Not the best decade for the studio, but Hong Kong Phooey, and if I'm in the right mood, anyone of the Scooby shows. I love just how unintentionally bizarre "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" (the version with animated celebrities) was. And Dynomutt had a fun premise.

'80s: Probably "Yogi's Treasure Hunt." It was a rare instance in which a revival of H-B's classic characters worked well, and was written by folks who clearly grew up with, and understood the characters. And again, more so for the strangeness, but I have a slight fondness for some of the cartoons spinoffs of live action properties - specifically "The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang" and "The Little Rascals." Not classics by any means, but pleasant half hour killers. Scooby-Doo picked up quite a bit of steam towards the end of be '80s, especially with "A Pup named Scooby-Doo."

'90s: Don't know if I want to count those early Cartoon Network shows. Umm... Let's see... That "Fender Bender 500" segment on "Wake, Rattle, and Roll" was kind of fun.

Least favorite show by the two?
'50s/'60s: Ruff and Reddy (or as I like to call it, "Ruff and Not-Quite-Reddy"), The Petet Potamus Show, the Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy cartoon adaptations, the Banana Splits... The action-adventure stuff aren't "least favorites" per se, just not my cup of tea.

'70s: Most of them! Notable ones - the non-Space Race segments on "Yogi's Space Race" ("Galaxy Goof Ups," "Buford," "Galloping Ghost"), "Casper and the Angels," the Scooby copies ("Goober and the Ghost Chasers" in particular).

'80s: The seven minute "Scooby and Scrappy" shorts, the Mork and Mindy cartoon (I mentioned before that I only liked "some" of these spinoffs!), "Pink Panther and Sons" (save for that catchy '80s theme song).

'90s: Need to see more from this era.

Favorite character/characters?
See number one. I also have a fondness for anxiety-filled characters like Hardy Har Har and Zilly (from the "Dastardly/Muttley" series). Also Ricochet Rabbit's buddy Droop-a-Long.

Least favorite character or characters? An obscure one, but those three bear cubs from the TV movie "Yogi's Great Escape." Not to mention the Boo Brothers and Flim-Flam, Bogle and Weerd ("13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo.")

Pixie, Dixie, or Mr. Jinx? Like, uh, ya know, I was like always kinda partial to Mr. Jinx

Erine81981

Reaction score
Why you are quite welcome! Alrighty. I will be happy to answer those for you.

Favorite show: The Flintstones

Least favorite show: None

Favorite characters: Pixie & Dixie

Least favorite characters: Scrappy Rex and Mr. Jinx

Pixie, Dixie, or Mr. Jinx? Pixie
Who is Scrappy Rex character?