We Need Another Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then they really shouldn't try and release a movie or two a month. I almost forgot Pete's Dragon was due out this year, next month too. I can't see them making back that money, even if the thing was low budget.

They lost millions with John Carter of Mars, The Lone Ranger (which they even stalled a few times because they thought it would tank, which it did), and BFG, which didn't even know which audience it wanted since the kids who are too young would be afraid of it, and kids too old to enjoy it would rip the film a new one. Disney lost a tiny amount of advertising budget on MMW, it made a little back over seas. By all means, a cheap Muppet film is more fiscally sound than a massive budget blockbuster that they know won't do so well.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
While it doesn't seem likely to see another movie, losing a small amount of money on a Muppet project is much better than losing a lot of money on audience alienating stuff like BFG and Pete's Dragon.

Just throwing that out there.
Pete's Dragon and The BFG were great films IMHO but sadly audiences tastes are changing which might be why the Muppets are struggling to find a new young audience:frown: time to move the Muppets over to Netflix, after seeing that great show, Stranger things I am convinced TV is trending to Netflix style shows with no commercials, shorter seasons, and you can watch the entire season in one day, plus they track everybody and what they watch, Nielson Ratings are dead as a door nail...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if the Muppets continued to produce YouTube-exclusive content, but at the same time, I would still like to see them do other things of more substance; but again, I really wish Disney would actually let actual Muppet writers/producers/directors come up with something that really showcases the Muppets' uniqueness, rather than trying to bring in more mainstream writers/producers/directors to try to give the Muppets mainstream, formulaic appeal. I mean, isn't Kirk Thatcher supposedly working on a potential new Muppet series or some sort?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I mean, isn't Kirk Thatcher supposedly working on a potential new Muppet series or some sort?
Unfortunately, That's been postponed indefinitely. So, probably not gonna happen.

As for Muppet writers writing the projects, I still don't think that necessarily has to happen, I mean, it'd be great if it did, but I don't think that would be the only way or the best way for a Muppet project to be successful. As long as you're a skilled screenwriter that has a love for the characters and really understands them and their type of humor, than you can write for the Muppets. We've seen people like Nick Stoller, Jason Segal and James Bobin successfully take on Muppet projects; and i'd also like to point out that the replacement showrunner of the 2015 show Kristen Newman did a great job of getting the show on track and really making the show feel Muppety.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Will you stop that?! :attitude:

Besides, Disney has greenlighted way more Muppet projects than The Jim Henson Company did in the years following Jim's death.
They've also canceled plenty of stuff too, mind you.