Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

gravy

Reaction score
If none of the episodes were lost, then how come episode 12 didn't manage to leak during the big leak of season 1 episodes (which obviously came from the archives because of the great quality) that happened a couple years ago? And also episode 1966 didn't make it to unpaved. These 2 instances make me wonder if a few of them got lost by accident.
Episode 1966 couldn't be gone because they still have footage and it is a key episode in the show. Episode 12 probably is gone but I wouldn't be too sure, because SW probably wanted to archive all the first episodes.

mariolover

Reaction score
It's a fair assessment to make that they've probably lost a few shows here and there, especially from the early seasons. I doubt anything beyond the seventies is missing.
Why don't you ask Sesame Workshop next time you visit them? You don't live too far away and I saw that you've been to visit them a couple of times.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
If none of the episodes were lost, then how come episode 12 didn't manage to leak during the big leak of season 1 episodes (which obviously came from the archives because of the great quality) that happened a couple years ago? And also episode 1966 didn't make it to unpaved. These 2 instances make me wonder if a few of them got lost by accident.
I have actually wondered about Episode 1966. Of course, anything could happen, but it seems odd that they would lose an episode that was only 15 years old at the time Unpaved started. But, I suppose it is possible that they had so many episodes that they had to get rid of some to make space, not knowing the collectors value they would have years later, and not having any means to preserve them, much like when the BBC junked episodes of their shows like Doctor Who and The Avengers in the 60s.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have actually wondered about Episode 1966. Of course, anything could happen, but it seems odd that they would lose an episode that was only 15 years old at the time Unpaved started. But, I suppose it is possible that they had so many episodes that they had to get rid of some to make space, not knowing the collectors value they would have years later, and not having any means to preserve them, much like when the BBC junked episodes of their shows like Doctor Who and The Avengers in the 60s.
See, but that was a different era. By the 1980s, tapes were becoming much cheaper. I can't imagine they would even consider doing something like that beyond like the first season or two, especially in the mid-80s where it was abundantly clear the gravy train was not stopping.

I'm so tired of all y'alls "conspiracy theories" when it comes to stuff that's not availably publicly yet. Segments were taken out of rotation? "Sesame banned it from airing forever!" Certain episodes/segments not online or DVD? "They're banned or lost!" Gimme a break.

mariolover

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop released the ending scenes/credit crawls from episodes 135, 280, 410, 540, 670, 800, 930, 1060, and 1190 way back in 2006 and 2007 on the first 2 old school DVD sets without releasing the whole episodes. Why didn't they release the full episodes? They obviously have them. I don't think it would hurt anything and it's kind of unfair that they only released the ending scenes/credits to those episodes without releasing any of the other scenes.