For when you're feeling down...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My parents ended up getting the smart tv and it's coming on Friday!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
My parents ended up getting the smart tv and it's coming on Friday!
I'm getting a smart tv!
Okay, let's make this clear. This is not the What Made You Smile Today thread. The Smile thread is where you should put stuff like that. The point of this thread is to cheer people up when they're having a bad day. For instance, sharing uplifting videos or messages or encouraging news stories can really brighten up someone's day. Or talking about what makes you feel better whenever you're feeling down. Not to take away from your joy, i'm happy for you that you're getting a new TV and that you're happy, but I don't really think someone who's depressed or having a bad day will lighten up after thinking "Well, at least WhoseLineFan got that TV. Maybe life isn't so bad after all." :wink:

And again, I don't want to sound like a jerk, and I know that Ed (@The Count)
said we could use this as the Smile thread, but that was never the point of this thread and I just don't want it to get derailed. Thanks for your understanding! :smile:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Okay, let's make this clear. This is not the What Made You Smile Today thread. The Smile thread is where you should put stuff like that. The point of this thread is to cheer people up when they're having a bad day. For instance, sharing uplifting videos or messages or encouraging news stories can really brighten up someone's day. Or talking about what makes you feel better whenever you're feeling down. Not to take away from your joy, i'm happy for you that you're getting a new TV and that you're happy, but I don't really think someone who's depressed or having a bad day will lighten up after thinking "Well, at least WhoseLineFan got that TV. Maybe life isn't so bad after all." :wink:

And again, I don't want to sound like a jerk, and I know that Ed (@The Count)
said we could use this as the Smile thread, but that was never the point of this thread and I just don't want it to get derailed. Thanks for your understanding! :smile:
Thank you. Well, the smile thread got deleted so I have to use this thread from now on. Sorry.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I finally told my dad about my crush on Giggles the cartoon chipmunk. I felt 100 pounds lighter after I told him. Here's how I did it:
We were watching Family Guy one night (I know it's not a family show, but we sometimes watch it as a family) but anyway, there was a cutaway where
Kool-Aid Man and his parents were sitting on a bench & he introduced them to his girlfriend:a bottle of chocolate Yoo-Hoo. I then paused the TV and told Dad,
"Did you know that I have a cartoon girlfriend too?" he asked who it was and I said,
"It's actually one of the characters from Happy Tree Friends,"
"Is it the little pink squirrel?" Dad asked (I know Giggles is a chipmunk, but I didn't want to get into that)
"Yes, I've had a crush on her for a long time that I've kept to myself and now I wanted to tell you that because I love you and I think you should know," I told him and he told me that doesn't care at all about me liking a cartoon character and if anything he thinks it's cute. So after that, we presumed watching Family Guy and acted as if nothing happened. That went better than I thought, :smile:.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Kristen Stewart's sloth meltdown. (Spoilers: She really loves sloths):

This is made even better by the fact that Kristen ended up voicing a sloth on Zootopia a few years later.