The New New Quote Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
STANLEY: Hello, this is Stanley the Troll! Happy-happy-happy, pretty-pretty-pretty!
NOSTALGIA CRITIC: Hey! How come your dreaming is so much more powerful than mine?
STANLEY: Oh! That's because I have the power of buttery butterflies, beautiful flowers, and the wasted talents of ex-Disney animators!
NOSTALGIA CRITIC: YOU! ARE! SCUM!!!
STANLEY: I love you!
NOSTALGIA CRITIC: O.O (Hangs up)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"The man of genius inspires us with a boundless confidence in our powers." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Jim Henson inspires us in the power of puppetry." ~ Me

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Misa (on her boyfriend): I couldn't imagine a world with Light!
L: Yes, that would be dark.

~Death Note

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Dan Becker: It really is fascinating with all these puppets, from Kermit to Elmo to everything in between, as it gets passed from one puppeteer to the next, how the personality really evolves significantly, and really begins to take on parts of the puppeteer's personality and stuff. It's incredible the history and the generations of the famous puppets out there.
Brian Meehl: This might be my own bias, but I think the most successful puppets, were the ones that were passed on to another puppeteer, and they were allowed a wide range of changing the character. And they could make the character their own and make it better. And some of the characters, literally the puppeteers were instructed "No, you have to do it like so-and-so did it". It's like trying to do Oliver's Hamlet. You gotta do your own Hamlet. So I really appreciated and loved working with the producers and directors that understood that when you passed on a puppet to someone else, they had to put their own imprint on it.
Nate Begle: There's always a fine line between, especially if it's a long standing character who's been around for years and years, there's always what they call character integrity. The character exists and it has existed for this long, so there's these certain bullet points that you do have to hit. But then when a new performer takes it over, you have add your own flair, because you're never really gonna be able to do a carbon copy of somebody else's, like no one will be able to do Jim's Kermit. Kermit has very specific personality points that you have to hit, and then you go from there. But I think it's always important to let the performer take on and put a new spin on it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"You never achieve success unless you like what you are doing." ~ Dale Carnegie

"I like doing puppetry, so I guess I'm about as successful as I'll ever be." ~ Me

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." ~ Confucious

"Isn't that basically everybody's ideal living?" ~ Me

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Nobody's a nobody, and everybody is weird like you and me
~ the cast of The Amazing World of Gumball

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
From the first episode of Grant Bachicco's new podcast Under the Puppet.
Tyler Bunch: The audition that I felt the most inappropriate about, so to speak, was the amazing group of professionals that was needed to keep the energy going when things went down so to speak at Sesame Street with Kevin Clash, and it became necessary to find someone else to fill the ridiculously large shoes of Kevin Clash and the character Elmo. I don't even come close to doing an Elmo voice. I do cute high-pitched voices like Treelo, but it ain't no Elmo and I knew that. And I hesitated even going in for the audition. And kudos to Ryan Dillon who has since done amazing work with having to follow in Kevin's footsteps. And all of us wishing that it weren't necessary to do so, but wanting as much as Kevin would for the character and the whole entity to survive. To have people on the other side of the camera laughing at your audition, like literally out-loud guffawing. And I was too, it was so bad. It was just not good at all, it sounded more like Golum of Peter Jackson fame.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
From the first episode of Grant Bachicco's new podcast Under the Puppet.
Tyler Bunch: The audition that I felt the most inappropriate about, so to speak, was the amazing group of professionals that was needed to keep the energy going when things went down so to speak at Sesame Street with Kevin Clash, and it became necessary to find someone else to fill the ridiculously large shoes of Kevin Clash and the character Elmo. I don't even come close to doing an Elmo voice. I do cute high-pitched voices like Treelo, but it ain't no Elmo and I knew that. And I hesitated even going in for the audition. And kudos to Ryan Dillon who has since done amazing work with having to follow in Kevin's footsteps. And all of us wishing that it weren't necessary to do so, but wanting as much as Kevin would for the character and the whole entity to survive. To have people on the other side of the camera laughing at your audition, like literally out-loud guffawing. And I was too, it was so bad. It was just not good at all, it sounded more like Golum of Peter Jackson fame.
Well, at least Tyler works with good friends, so hopefully he's not too embarrassed.
I wonder who else auditioned for Elmo.