Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I haven't been charged for 3 yet. I remember Palisades always had delayed release dates, so im not especially concerned or upset. Back in the day, I made my Mom take me to either Suncoast video, Toys R Us, and/or EB Games every Friday for months surrounding an anticipated release haha.

I did just add series 4 to my preorders though. Hopefully it adds to a tally that shoes Diamond there is demand and helps inspire a series 5 and beyond.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
I was really young back in the palisades days but I remember clearly going into target and buying wave 5 and at a later point going into suncoast and finding wave 7, I think that I was so into it that my Grandma would call and found out release dates :smile: good times lol

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
But I never saw or got wave 9 at that time because by then Target was no longer selling them and the suncoast had been closed.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
What was funny is I didn't even know any of the Muppet Tonight characters, I was too young to have seen the original run and I guess I never saw the reruns. I'm sure if Disney had released a DVD of it I probably would have seen it though :skeptical: My only knowledge of Johnny was through Its a very merry Muppet Christmas movie, and I knew Pepe from Muppets from space. I never understood why Rizzo, Pepe, Johnny, Sal, and others went on the season 1 DVD set I had. Lol sorry for the rambling

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So does anybody know how well the action figures and mini mates have sold? Have they sold well enough to be a success or have they sold poorly (if not somewhere in-between)?

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the figures line won't make it past series 4. Of course, even when they were announced, I didn't think the Mini Mates or action figures would make it past the initial four series (and I've heard that the Mini Mates won't have a series 4.... wait, was it officially announced that four series were planned or am I just thinking that it was?), and Toys R Us dropped both after their respective series 2's.

Interestingly, back when the Palisades line was announced, I was very confident that it would go past the initial four series that were planned, and I ended up being right, and I felt from the start that Diamond wouldn't make it past four series (but it might be too early to know if I was right... I hope I am wrong in this case). Of course most of the Diamond releases had at least two characters packaged together, so that gets us a bit more characters.

And of course there's the fact that the action figure market is different from how it was during the Palisades days (and the market started to change almost halfway through the lines run). Of course, the Palisades figures didn't sell as well as the fans thought (even though it sold well enough to justify nine series). And there's the fact that the Diamond Select Toys were only sold at Toys R Us and various comic book shops/online retailers whereas the Palisades figures were sold at a lot more places and were sold at more mainstream retailers (even if most of those mainstream places dropped the line after only a few series).

muppetlover123

Reaction score
So it's gonna be April 1st tomorrow and there has been no sign of a release date or even saying something like 2nd week of April or 1st week. I hope I'm proven wrong?