Hanna-Barbera

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving it a chance but if all it is, is to bring back older classic shows from Boomerang then I could just watch them either on my DVD sets or even watch them on YouTube. Now if it was going to be including like older bumpers and little nods to how Boomerang was I wouldn't mind doing it all the time but if it's only to stream the classics that's fine.

I do like that they do want to do a newer Wacky Races shows. I would watch that or check it out to see how it works. Hope this works for all who want to give it a try. I might give it a try and see how it works before I bash on it. Thanks for the heads up Mo.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
*sigh. Looks like WB is releasing another one of their pointless Tom and Jerry fanfiction movies, like the one that was basically just a shot for shot remake of the 1939 Judy Garland Wizard of Oz but with Tom and Jerry shoehorned into every scene. Only, this time, their doing it with Charlie in the Chocolate Factory: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-...ing-willy-wonka-chocolate-factory-150328.html

Clearly, WB really stopped trying with the Tom and Jerry franchise a long time ago. It's sad. They're iconic characters, they should either get better writers or just leave them alone. WB did do something I liked recently- they did an entire animated movie based on the Adam West Batman show, complete with West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar reprising their roles. Since they did that, i'd love to see them revive some other older properties. I think the Animaniacs still hold a lot of story potential.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Clearly, WB really stopped trying with the Tom and Jerry franchise a long time ago. It's sad. They're iconic characters, they should either get better writers or just leave them alone. WB did do something I liked recently- they did an entire animated movie based on the Adam West Batman show, complete with West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar reprising their roles. Since they did that, i'd love to see them revive some other older properties. I think the Animaniacs still hold a lot of story potential.
And it all started back in 2001 with the first of these, The Magic Ring, which was also the last T&J project to be produced by Hanna & Barbera themselves. I've never seen this myself, but it's gotta be better than the movie from the '90s where they talked, right? :big_grin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry:_The_Magic_Ring

And lest I forget, we all know WB's main prerogative in milking T&J and Scooby-Doo to death by now:

Erine81981

Reaction score
HEY! I love the Scooby Doo ones. I know everyone is either tired of seeing all the Scooby Doo straight to DVD movies or special (what ever you want to call them) but I enjoy them still to this day. Scooby Doo isn't that hard to write. Now I know what you would say is yeah yeah yeah it's the same thing every time but that's what I enjoy of it. They don't ever try to strain to far from the actual premise of the plot.

I even loved the Zombie Island one which was real monsters and dead beings. It's what made it different and I would love to see something like that again where they are real ghost like creatures instead of a person in a costume or something.

Now the show (which ended a few years back) really I thought did a good job in doing a swap every now and then with the plot. Some times it was a person in a suit or costumes but other times it was realistic creatures or urban legends characters. But that's my rant. Yes I know it's my own opinion and I know some others don't care for the newer stuff coming out. Yeah I know it can be ran into the ground but to me that's one of the only ways to keep the franchise alive.

I know there are other things to help but not a TV show or a new Theater movie (which I can't wait to see the first trailer to it) But I love a talking dog character as much as the next person.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I am one MAJOR Hanna-Barbera fangirl. That's basically all I can say, unless you want a list of my favorites. And here they are, in no particular order (except for maybe the first one):
The Impossibles
Josie & the Pussycats
Top Cat
Wacky Races
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Atom Ant
Secret Squirrel
The Jetsons
Shirt Tales
Shazzan
Smurfs
Paw Paws
A Pup Named Scooby Doo (I actually like this better than the original Scooby Doo, please don't hurt me!)

When it comes to characters like Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, Auggie Doggie and Doggie Daddy, etc. etc. etc., I prefer shows like "Yogi's Gang" and "Yogi's Treasure Hunt" over their actual solo cartoons.