I Ain't Doing It!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I don't care for getting used to it, because you're right, you do get used to it . . . then you have to get used to standard time again in the fall.

But, I must say, I like getting used to standard time again better than getting used to DST: when it's DST, the day feels like it lasts forever, but when it's standard time and you realize you've got the whole night ahead of you, it's pretty cool.

Then again, they say creative people are naturally night owls anyway, so that must have something to do with it. :wink:
Well I'm the living definition of a night owl (I'm writing this post at 1:51 in the morning :stick_out_tongue: ) so I guess that makes me creative. :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Daylight Savings Time is indeed dumb. But as Teen Titans Go! taught us, the dumber something sounds the more real it is.
Bingo.

*Sends army of bats to devour Old Macdonald Farmer's delicious crops.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As always, I refer people to John Oliver for perfectly illustrating why DST is pretty much pointless and stupid in our modern world:

Heck, a majority of the entire freakin' world doesn't even observe DST anymore, so why haven't we caught on?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As always, I refer people to John Oliver for perfectly illustrating why DST is pretty much pointless and stupid in our modern world:

Heck, a majority of the entire freakin' world doesn't even observe DST anymore, so why haven't we caught on?

Because the United States still clings to its antiquated fears of Old Macdonald Farmer's Almanac and his watchdog Bingo, which is his name-o! :scary:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aww man. According to the calendar, this weekend is when the time changes for the rest of the world that didn't conform to extended DST, so looks like I've been springing forward tonight. :frown:

Still seems a tad early though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh, it sounds s'alright to me. Then again, I've been pretty much accustomed to DST starting up on the first Sunday in April and then expiring either the last Sunday in October or first Sunday in November, a little more than the middle half of the year. But all DST really affects is my TV schedules, so it rully doesn't matter all that much here. :zany:

Yeah, I threw a :zany: there just for the :fishy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to falling an hour behind tonight while the rest of you mindless sheep continue to wallow in extended DST for another week; I'm really digging how quickly it's gotten darker earlier this season, already dark by 7:30, which of course means now it'll be dark by 6:30. Sweet.

Once again, I'm amazed at how I've been sticking to this for an entire decade now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the past couple of weeks, I've been reminded why we just need to do away with DST altogether: because you have to get used to and adjusted to the time change all over again. Why should we have to be put through that when all it does is mess with our minds? (Actually, I think the government likes to mess with our minds).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My condolenses to the state of Florida for adopting year-round DST.