Your Thoughts: "Muppet Guys Talking" premieres at SXSW in Austin March 12, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today's the day! The Frank Oz directed and produced documentary, "Muppet Guys Talking: Secrets Behind the Show the Whole World Watched" premieres at SXSW in Austin, Texas.

If you're attending the premiere or one of the screening this week, please post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated documentary after you see the film.

SXSW Screenings and Events

Film Screening and Q&A - Sunday, March 12, 11:15am, Paramount
Film Screening - Monday, March 13, 6pm, Alamo South Lamar
Film Screening - Thursday, March 16, noon, Paramount
Live Event - Tuesday, March 14: A Conversation with Frank Oz and Leonard Maltin, 2pm, ACC Room 18ABCD, Austin Convention Center

About Muppet Guys Talking

For the first time ever, five of us original Muppet Performers who worked with Jim Henson for 35 years, (Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Fran Brill, Bill Barretta, and Frank Oz) —we all got together on camera and talked about The Muppets.

So that’s what it is- we’re sitting around telling stories. We show clips and talk about what really happened behind the scenes. We talk about how we created our characters. We show rare performance footage. We get really serious - and we also get really stupid...

And we talk about what kind of person Jim was; about how he loved working hard - and so inspired us to work hard; how he valued our collaboration - treating us with affection and respect; how he cared about doing good work; and how he was inclusive and accepting of everyone.

For more information visit:

Mupptet Guys Talking Austin Chronicle Preview
http://www.austinchronicle.com/screens/2017-03-10/the-wonderful-world-of-frank-oz/

Mupptet Guys Talking SXSW Schedule
http://schedule.sxsw.com/2017/films/68480

Mupptet Guys Talking Official Site
http://muppetguystalking.com

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
I wish I could be there to experience it up close, but here's an interview Frank Oz recently did with Variety before the premiere. He talks about his opinion on the latest Muppet projects, his current involvement with the Muppets, and Star Wars.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why can't you?
Because I don't have money.

Oh well, on the bright side, more events means more interviews with Muppet people, and maybe some videos from the event will crop up soon. I especially hope to see some interviews with Dave Goelz since he does so few of these.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Because I don't have money.

Oh well, on the bright side, more events means more interviews with Muppet people, and maybe some videos from the event will crop up soon. I especially hope to see some interviews with Dave Goelz since he does so few of these.
That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.