Courage the Cowardly Dog returning?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Dilly posted his original pitch for Courage on YouTube!

I . . . can't imagine they would buy the show based on this . . . and they apparently didn't (the only response he got from them on this was "it didn't suck"). But somehow, the Jackie Mason-inspired voice Dilly gave Courage was amusing; reminds me of the Aardvark from THE ANT AND THE AARDVARK cartoons.
Wow, that's not at all what I was expecting. It doesn't look much like a pitch to a network, it looks more like some high-schooler and his friends screwing around with their new camera. Definitely can't imagine that ever becoming a show, although it does remind me a bit of some of the CN promos that aired around 2004-2009.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, Dilly is really 0wning Flash in the face as he continues to share more and more samples of his new short:

That is some smooth Flash animation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's yet another new interview with Dilly on YouTube (it's about an hour long, so I haven't finished), but he goes into detail about why he made Courage pink, and the struggle he had with CN about it:

Basically, his decision for making Courage pink was because he felt the color invoked a softness and innocence that the character was meant to represent. CN wasn't keen on the idea, feeling a pink dog wouldn't sell in a boy-dominated market, and tried to convince him change Courage to another color (like fuschia, for example), but Dilly wouldn't budge. In hindsight, however, he kind of agrees now that making Courage pink was probably a mistake, and admits if he could go back and redo it, he'd probably make him blue instead.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There's yet another new interview with Dilly on YouTube (it's about an hour long, so I haven't finished), but he goes into detail about why he made Courage pink, and the struggle he had with CN about it:

Basically, his decision for making Courage pink was because he felt the color invoked a softness and innocence that the character was meant to represent. CN wasn't keen on the idea, feeling a pink dog wouldn't sell in a boy-dominated market, and tried to convince him change Courage to another color (like fuschia, for example), but Dilly wouldn't budge. In hindsight, however, he kind of agrees now that making Courage pink was probably a mistake, and admits if he could go back and redo it, he'd probably make him blue instead.
Well, i'm glad he was pink, it helped him stand out. I mean, how many other fictional dogs have you seen that are pink and look like a bean with a face?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The last time I saw a cartoon character that looked like a bean with a face was on deviantART several years ago.

"Jeanie Beanie"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I have nothing to say to that.. except, DeviantArt is a strange place.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I didn't mind Courage being pink; I think it really makes him stand out, like PL said. It even says on Wikipedia (among other sources) that pink, together with white, represents innocence, so I think it was a good choice.

If Courage were blue, I guess he'd be something like this:

Reminds me of Huckleberry Hound a little bit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, we did get a glimpse of what Courage would look like blue when Eustace dropped a can of blue paint on him.

But I always found it odd that, for the most part, Courage seemed to "turn" purple at night.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm . . . see if the opening notes in this track don't sound familiar:

"Der is not'ing to worry about. Not'ing a'tall. But der is not'ing I can do."

Schfifty

Reaction score
So John released his commentary for The Chicken From Outer Space over a month ago - on the 21st anniversary of its airing on WAC, to be exact - and I just checked it out. This was really neat! He goes into a lot of detail here about the short from beginning to end, and points out several of the faces that were in the backgrounds (some of them were in fact notable people at Stretch Films). Also, I hadn't noticed before until now, but he revealed that if you look closely at the ashes when Eustace crumbles up, there's a little phrase within. I had a high-quality video from online to watch along with, so it was pretty easy to notice the little gems in there.