Star Butterfly Vs. The Forces of Evil Thread

C to the J

Reaction score
So, has anyone else been catching up with the wave of new episodes? They just finished off the 2nd season, and all I can say is that the last two half-hour eps sure were intense.
I certainly have. The cliffhanger is certainly cause for a renewal. It's true what Adam McArthur (voice of Marco) said, fans of 'Starco' would be very happy because...
Star confesses to Marco that she does have a crush on him just before leaving the Diaz house and returning to Mewni to deal with the chaos brought about by Ludo, who is under Toffee's control.

I also recently found that the show has drama as one of the genres, hence the lesser emphasis on music.

And here's some related news...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...urphys-law-eden-shers-star-forces-evil-981534

You can bet your last quarter that Daron Nefcy is elated, up to the point where she doesn't know/care how Disney's been treating some other shows. It's times like this that make me think Disney likes certain shows more than they like other shows that have so much more potential. What I wouldn't give to help Craig McCracken get Wander Over Yonder back on for one more season, or at least some other way to properly wrap it up.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wonderful news to hear, but I wish they would wait until the 3rd season is finished before renewing it for a 4th.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now here's something that Cracked pointed out for me today: the episode "Just Friends" had a scene where all the couples attending the concert kiss, some of which were same-sex couples. And treated as no different than the straight ones -- no tongue-kissing or dry-humping, or anyone clad in leather. Now there's an awesome strike for LGBTQ rights! :smile:

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/7/1/2/603712_v2.gif

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Now here's something that Cracked pointed out for me today: the episode "Just Friends" had a scene where all the couples attending the concert kiss, some of which were same-sex couples. And treated as no different than the straight ones -- no tongue-kissing or dry-humping, or anyone clad in leather. Now there's an awesome strike for LGBTQ rights! :smile:

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/7/1/2/603712_v2.gif
I'm pretty surprised I haven't heard very many parental or conservative groups complain about that or Jeff's two moms on Clarence or all the gay on Steven Universe. I hope that means we're making progress and it's not just that their hiding in the shadows. Either that or it's more adults watching these shows than kids. Or perhaps parents just don't pay attention to what their kids are watching anymore.

Anyways, i'm finally watching the show all the way through ( yeah, I know i'm very behind). I'm pretty sure i'm on the sixth episode now. Whichever one the pixies were in. Originally when the fairy that wanted to marry Ferguson started admiring his, um, largeness, I thought it would turn out that she actually wanted to eat him. But I guess she's just into that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news:

Just saw a promo for a Star Butterfly animated movie titled The Battle for Muni, which will premiere on Disney XD on Saturday July 15 2017.
Keep an eye out for it, I'm sure people will post reviews here after it airs.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone else see the season 3 premiere movie? Holy crap was it incredible. We got to see
Queen Moon's dark past that should be revisited later on
, King River's chance to be more than a party animal, and even
the true physical return of Toffee even if Star wiped him out all too easily with her new wand.
We even get a new intro and outro, the former showing most of the new friends that Star and Marco have met.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Missed cause I've now got DirecTV which screwed around the channel numbering which I haven't gotten to fully exploring yet, but I'm sure it'll repeat times infinity during the rest of the month.