The New Weekly Survey Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I feel for you, :cry:. I did something really wrong when I was in school, too. I kept calling my friend and leaving funny messages on his phone over and over and he wouldn't reply. A few days later, I found out that the reason he wasn't replying was because his mom died after a long battle with cancer. Even though I didn't know, I felt really bad that I would frequently say funny things to an 11-year-old kid who lost his mom and I apologized to him and even though he wasn't mad at me, I still felt wrong about it.
Well that's good.

Schfifty

Reaction score
1. Have you ever met any celebrities?

2. The Brady Bunch or The Partridge Family? Favorite character from the show that you chose?

3. Scariest moment or experience?

4. Best/memorable moment from your childhood? Teenage years?

5. Things you are looking forward to this year?

6. Favorite actress?

7. Something that you really want to do someday?

8. Movie or song that made you cry?

9. Favorite toy from when you were younger?

10. What was your favorite place to go to as a kid?
1. Not really. However, I have seen Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood's live shows in person, if that counts.
2. The Brady Bunch. Don't really have a favorite character as I didn't watch the show much.
3. I don't know at the moment.
4. Childhood: Pretty much all of second grade. Moved to our current house that year, I played lots of video games, first got into Cartoon Network, watched a lot of video tapes and got into recording shows...it was a wonderful time of my life back then. Teenage: Getting my driver's permit at 14 and making it into varsity show choir in 11th grade, to name a couple.
5. Getting rid of a bunch of things at our house, and organizing my bedroom and closet.
6. Hard to decide.
7. Visit the Sesame Street set and meet at least one Muppeteer.
8. Movies: Toy Story 3, Brave, Liar Liar. Songs: "Midnight, the Stars and You," "Little Things," "Wind Beneath My Wings"
9. My Panasonic VCR/TV. :smile:
10. Discovery Zone, then Chuck E. Cheese's, then this local family rec center where I had all my birthdays until it closed a few years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Not really. However, I have seen Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood's live shows in person, if that counts.
Same here, but I've also seen Jerry Seinfeld and Bob Newhart on separate occasions, not to mention the numerous musical artists I've seen over the years from Weird Al to Hall & Oates to Earth, Wind & Fire.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
2. The Brady Bunch. Don't really have a favorite character as I didn't watch the show much.
3. I don't know at the moment.
4. Childhood: Pretty much all of second grade. Moved to our current house that year, I played lots of video games, first got into Cartoon Network, watched a lot of video tapes and got into recording shows...it was a wonderful time of my life back then. Teenage: Getting my driver's permit at 14 and making it into varsity show choir in 11th grade, to name a couple.
5. Getting rid of a bunch of things at our house, and organizing my bedroom and closet.
6. Hard to decide.
7. Visit the Sesame Street set and meet at least one Muppeteer.
8. Movies: Toy Story 3, Brave, Liar Liar. Songs: "Midnight, the Stars and You," "Little Things," "Wind Beneath My Wings"
9. My Panasonic VCR/TV. :smile:
10. Discovery Zone, then Chuck E. Cheese's, then this local family rec center where I had all my birthdays until it closed a few years ago.
Toy Story 3 makes me cry as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Are you excited about Julia officially being a Muppet?
2. What do you think of Season 47 so far?
3. Are you looking forward to the Muppet Babies reboot?
4. What other contemporary celebrities would you like to see alongside the Muppets?
5. What's your favorite change to the SST set?
6. Least favorite?
7. If you had the opportunity to spend the day eating cookies with Cookie Monster, flying with Super Grover, listening to weather reports with Bert, coloring with Elmo, or doing magic with Abby, which would you choose?
8. Pick a performing duo: Jim Henson and Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt, Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson, Joey Mazzarino and David Rudman, or Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson
9. What movie should have been a Crumby Picture?
10. What's behind the big blue blob?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Of course, I've actually been anticipating her to eventually become a Muppet since her creation for storybook and web material.
2. So far so good, not too many complaints.
3. Yes, this should be most interesting.
4. Considering Key and Peele were instrumental in those SST parody skits on MADtv (Key being Gordon and Peele being Big Bird), that would be interesting to see.
5. The retro redesign of Hooper's - particularly the neon sign.
6. Either the Arbor area, or removing Big Bird's construction doors.
7. All of the above. I mean hey, if I got to spend a day on SST, I would cram in as much as I could.
8. As great as they all are together, Jim and Frank are perhaps the ultimate dynamite duo.
9. PIRATE RADIO. Just imagine: Cookie works for a radio station that's operated by a bunch of pirate AMs! Scurvy!
10. Uncle Lou.

Schfifty

Reaction score
1. Yeah! Since her introduction a while ago, I've been pumped for when she would finally become a Muppet, and she did.
2. I haven't watched it, but it seems to be rolling along fine. I like that Zoe's gotten more screentime again.
3. Yes...I am curious to see how it will go, especially with the voice cast and computer animation instead of 2D.
4. N/A
5. If you mean from a couple years ago, giving Hooper's Store the retro look with the classic black-and-yellow checkerboard pattern.
6. Pre-2015: Removal of the Around the Corner set. Post-2015: Relocating Oscar's trash can.
7. Fly with Super Grover. I mean, what's better than having the ability to fly and take to soaring heights, exploring the world from an amazing perspective?
8. Ditto what D'Snowth said. Although, I particularly love seeing Caroll Spinney and Marty Robinson perform together.
9. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Or make that "Cookie Monster's Day Off."
10. What?

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
1. Are you excited about Julia officially being a Muppet?
2. What do you think of Season 47 so far?
3. Are you looking forward to the Muppet Babies reboot?
4. What other contemporary celebrities would you like to see alongside the Muppets?
5. What's your favorite change to the SST set?
6. Least favorite?
7. If you had the opportunity to spend the day eating cookies with Cookie Monster, flying with Super Grover, listening to weather reports with Bert, coloring with Elmo, or doing magic with Abby, which would you choose?
8. Pick a performing duo: Jim Henson and Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt, Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson, Joey Mazzarino and David Rudman, or Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson
9. What movie should have been a Crumby Picture?
10. What's behind the big blue blob?
1. Yes it's nice
2. Pretty good and I am surprised at the cameos we have been getting
3. No really
4. Call me weird but I would like to see Seth McFarland
5. Retro Hoppers store
6. The community center or The laundromat sign
7. Eating cookies with Cookie Monster
8. Steve and Eric
9. The Nightmare Before Christmas
10. Mac

D'Snowth

Reaction score
5. If you mean from a couple years ago, giving Hooper's Store the retro look with the classic black-and-yellow checkerboard pattern.
6. Pre-2015: Removal of the Around the Corner set. Post-2015: Relocating Oscar's trash can.
I actually did mean as of Season 46, but if we're going to go that route as well, a favorite set change of mine pre-2015 was the addition of the Mail-It Shop: not that I didn't like the ol' familiar Fix-It Shop, but the Mail-It Shop brought a nice updated feel to the street that gave it just a little more realism - especially with its neon signs and everything.

Least favorite would have to be either the way they redesigned the carriage house for Season 39, or when the whole set looked too clean and too antiseptic during the ATC era.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
1. Are you excited about Julia officially being a Muppet? I don't really care. Sure I guess? :stick_out_tongue:
2. What do you think of Season 47 so far? Watched 0% of it. :stick_out_tongue:
3. Are you looking forward to the Muppet Babies reboot? No, but DuckTales on the other hand... :stick_out_tongue:
4. What other contemporary celebrities would you like to see alongside the Muppets? Iron Maiden. Wait, they're not really contemporary... screw it, Iron Maiden. :stick_out_tongue:
5. What's your favorite change to the SST set? Um... I dunno. :stick_out_tongue:
6. Least favorite? See above. :stick_out_tongue:
7. If you had the opportunity to spend the day eating cookies with Cookie Monster, flying with Super Grover, listening to weather reports with Bert, coloring with Elmo, or doing magic with Abby, which would you choose? Cookies with C.
8. Pick a performing duo: Jim Henson and Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt, Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson, Joey Mazzarino and David Rudman, or Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson Jim and Frank
9. What movie should have been a Crumby Picture? IDK
10. What's behind the big blue blob? I only know The Blob. :stick_out_tongue: