The New Weekly Survey Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
1. Are you excited about Julia officially being a Muppet? Yes, extremely excited!
2. What do you think of Season 47 so far? I've enjoyed it. It's a big improvement over last season.
3. Are you looking forward to the Muppet Babies reboot? Definitely. I'm just excited for the Muppets to be on TV again, and that kids will get introduced to the characters. Slightly unrelated but, with DuckTales coming back, can they please bring back Darkwing Duck?!?
4. What other contemporary celebrities would you like to see alongside the Muppets? Hm, definitely Tom Hanks, because Tom Hanks is perfect. Maybe Emma Stone or Bill Murray too.
5. What's your favorite change to the SST set? I really love what they did with the arbor for season 46.
6. Least favorite? Least favorite ever? Well, I wasn't a big fan of them getting rid of the construction doors in front of Big Bird's house, but I understand why they did it.
7. If you had the opportunity to spend the day eating cookies with Cookie Monster, flying with Super Grover, listening to weather reports with Bert, coloring with Elmo, or doing magic with Abby, which would you choose? All of the above :smile: but, maybe minus the flying. I kind of hate heights.
8. Pick a performing duo: Jim Henson and Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt, Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson, Joey Mazzarino and David Rudman, or Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson Oh that's definitely gotta be Frank and Jim.
9. What movie should have been a Crumby Picture? Beauty and the Beast! I mean c'mon, it would've been perfect. You could have Cookie as the beast learning to control himself, Prairie Dawn could be Belle, and you could have various other major characters as the talking furniture and dishes, etc. Ooh, I see an idea for a fan fiction brewing :smile:!
10. What's behind the big blue blob? The bear in the big blue house.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
9. What movie should have been a Crumby Picture? Beauty and the Beast! I mean c'mon, it would've been perfect. You could have Cookie as the beast learning to control himself, Prairie Dawn could be Belle
Heh, I used to kind of ship Cookie and Prairie when I was younger, lol.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Heh, I used to kind of ship Cookie and Prairie when I was younger, lol.
Well, in the context of this, I wasn't really thinking in a shippy kind of way.I think there's a way to do it without them falling in love.
But, yeah, I still ship them, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
4. What other contemporary celebrities would you like to see alongside the Muppets?
I know Lindsey Stirling (with Josh Groban) did a video with the Classic Muppets for YT, but I still would love to see her dance up a storm on SST.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
1. Best film you've seen in the last six months?

2. What upcoming film are you most excited about?

3. What superhero movie, in your opinion, has done the best job of staying true to the characters/comics/source material?

4. Worst superhero movie so far?

5. If you could greenlight a new Muppet film, what would the plot be?

6. Who would you get to direct it?

7. Would you ever want to see a Muppet film mashup with another Disney-owned franchise (Marvel, Star Wars, etc) - why or why not? (Big-screen, folks. I KNOW we've already had Hamill Himself and :concern:)

8. What movie still makes you laugh whenever you watch it?

9. What film makes you cry whenever you watch it?

10. What film would you never see again no matter what bribe was offered you?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
In the theatre: Rogue One. At home: Kubo and the Two Strings.

I wasn't really interested in the new Thor flick until I learned that Taika Waititi is directing. Loved What We Do in the Shadows.

3. What superhero movie, in your opinion, has done the best job of staying true to the characters/comics/source material?

Deadpool.

There's a long list of DC comics ones...but Batman & Robin is the worst.

The Newsman discovers a plot by Muppet monsters to subjugate the world...wait...

Joss Whedon or Taika Waititi.

7. Would you ever want to see a Muppet film mashup with another Disney-owned franchise (Marvel, Star Wars, etc) - why or why not? (Big-screen, folks. I KNOW we've already had Hamill Himself and :concern:)

Though a cameo here or there might be amusing, I don't feel that these universes really mesh well. To me, any attempt would feel very forced.

Cabin in the Woods.

The Room. Kidding. I haven't been moved to tears by a film in a long time, but there were moments in Kubo and in Logan where I did feel very somber.

I can't conceive of ever sitting through Dick Tracy again. Or Red Zone Cuba.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't usually answer these, but this one I'll partake.

Haven't seen many films lately, though there've been some I wanted to watch.

Thor 3: Ragnarock to see how they handle the end-of-world scenario; and Coco, I've been waiting for two years for that one.

Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy from 2004-2012.

Agreed, DC's not faring well here... Batman vs Superman was a joke, at least by the trailer they aired for the home movie channel.

Something like The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made, along the lines of Gonzo and Fozzie and Kermit in a Muppety version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Since Gary Marshall's gone, how about his sister Penny?

If done right, yes, I know there've been some ideas for a Muppet homeworld in Kingdom Hearts, it could work if they did a Muppets + Disney/ToonTown crossover.

Erg, My Cousin Vinnie.

Moments of three from Robin Williams: What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams, and Bicentennial Man.

The original version of Willie Wonka starring Gene Wilder. :scary:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
1. Best film you've seen in the last six months? Hmm... well, I watched The Princess Bride not to long ago, so I'm going with that because it was a stellar film.

Thomas & Friends: Journey Beyond Sodor ( :stick_out_tongue: ) and Cars 3. Oh, and Raw, which is a Belgian horror film I'd like to get my hands on if that's possible.

I've only seen The Dark Knight so don't ask me. :stick_out_tongue:

See above.

Hmm... maybe a sequel to one of the original three.

The ghost of Jim Henson.

IDK

If you had said TV series, that would have been easier. :stick_out_tongue:

IDK

The Cure for Insomnia. Haven't watched up but Christ is it a long looking film.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
What's this, the government wants my answers AGAIN?!? Well, your not gettin' a peep outta me! No sir! :attitude:
Eh, alright, fine, i'll bite...

The last six months? Unfortunately most of the films i've seen have been recent animated films, and while most of them haven't been bad they didn't really impress me all that much. Hopefully 2017 is a return to form.

Spider Man:Homecoming. Finally, a Spider Man movie without the origin story! And if we're talking movies after this year, i'm really looking forward to that new Sesame Street movie, if it really is still happening.
Hmmm, not sure. I've mostly just seen movies from the MCU.

DC comics. That's it, that's all I have to say... just, DC.

It would be entitled "Bunny Quest", and it would be about Animal saving hundreds of bunnies from Big Mean Carl.

Frank Oz, and he can play Animal in it too!

'The Muppets Meet Howard the Duck' :wink:

Fantastic Mr. Fox

I haven't come very close to crying during a film since I saw the ending to Toy Story 3 in theaters.
Can't think of any off the top of my head. However, I have seen some pretty boring kids movies before. I'll watch any bad movie you want me to, as long as it's not dull.