The Random Memory thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Our neighbors have a collie that is a very a sweet and gentle dog. I've always had a soft spot for him and when I was younger, would visit them as an excuse to hang out with this dog. But anyway, I recently found out that he's been deaf for a few years now, which is really sad because I really like that dog. But anyway, I remember one time, I went up to him and said,
"Hey boy, little Timmy's stuck in the well!" and he looked at me almost as if he was saying,
"Ha ha! Just because I'm a collie doesn't mean I'm Lassie. But, trust me, when your a collie you get that a lot,".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
2004 was one of the worst years of my life, and yet for some reason, lately I've found myself randomly reminiscing about certain things from that year, and I have absolutely no idea why, or what has been prompting my mind to think back on such.

For example, I remember playing this game for months in 2004:

Didn't care for it either. It was curiously bad - rather difficult and frustrating at times. The second EEE game (Mis-Edventures, also on GBA) was a refreshing breeze compared to Jawbreakers.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Anyone else ever have memories of houses pop into their heads at random times? I often get images of specifc room layouts, and usually they're just places I've been, rarely places where I lived.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Anyone else ever have memories of houses pop into their heads at random times? I often get images of specifc room layouts, and usually they're just places I've been, rarely places where I lived.
I had a DREAM about my Grandma's house that I hadn't been to since I was 3 a few years ago. Not kidding at all.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's the story of the day I lost my sanity:

One day when I was 7, I couldn't sleep at night because I was scared for some reason and Mom let me watch TV to help me fall asleep. I put it on Cartoon Network and I'll never forget what was playing that night:Robot Chicken. The first sketch was the infamous one where Big Bird Gets the Bird Flu and I really didn't get it because I was 7 and was kinda bored with it. But the next sketch made me laugh like a fricken hyena. It was a sketch of two seemingly innocent looking cartoon bees saying,
"Remember boys and girls to BEE yourself," I was groaning at this point and almost flipped the channel assuming I was watching some cheap version of Sesame Street. But then I heard the bees say,
"Also don't **** with us or we'll sting you all at once and kill you!". As soon as I heard that, I stopped right in my tracks. My immature 7 year old brain absolutely ate up what I just heard.
"Did they just cuss on a cartoon?" I asked myself as I wasn't really familiar with adult cartoons at the time. I watched the rest of the episode and snickered like Beavis and Butt-Head at every cuss word and bathroom word they said. I was replaying the Jasper the Douchebag Ghost sketch when my mom woke up and told me to stop watching it. She had apparently heard the sound of bleeps and me giggling from the other room and knew that I was watching something she probably wouldn't approve of. I wasn't allowed to watch anything on Cartoon Network that comes on after 9:00 PM for quite a while afterwards. But it was still a hilarious night nonetheless.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I was little, I had an Oscar the Grouch bath toy that I used to play with and pretend Oscar was a duck floating on the pond for some reason.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I enjoy it when Easter falls around my birthday. When it comes in March, that's fine. A few years back it fell on April 21, the latest it could possibly go, so I was stoked to share my birthday with Jesus' rebirth.

Easter 1973, I was about to turn five. In the Catholic church, Easter is the mother of all big fat hairy deals. That Easter we were having a visit from some big cardinal or bishop, so it was an even bigger, fatter, hairier deal than usual.
Easter lilies and tulips lined up as far as the eye can see. Everybody dressed in their Sunday best (which meant even little kids had to be stuffed into a suit and tie) little girls wearing their new dresses, with bonnets and gloves, looking like petite little ladies.

All this pageantry, a thousand people stuffed into a church that can normally hold five hundred, but The Bishop Is Coming!!!! Packed to the point of suffocation, all little five-year-old me can think,

"All this for the Easter Bunny?"
Not seeing the Easter Bunny that day was a downer (he did leave me a nice basket that morning, jelly bean addict I was) but since then I really got to understand the true meaning of Easter, and that gives me more peace than you'll ever know.

Jelly beans are still my favorite, but not the spicy ones.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One day when I was 9 or 10 years old, I was waiting for my babysitter to arrive and got bored. So I figured I would look up random things on the Internet. I typed in something about Mario (I was a huge Nintendo fanboy at the time;I still kind of am, but not to the extent I was back then) and somehow found something called a YouTube Poop. Considering I was a young boy and it had the word "poop" in it I assumed it would be funny so I clicked on a page full of them. I wasn't sure what most of them were parodies of and the only source I could find that I was familiar with was Toy Story. So I clicked on the video Toys Gone Wild and absolutely cracked up. It was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen on the Internet at the time. I then decided I'd visit other sites so I could go on a YouTube Poop binge during the hour I was waiting for her to arrive. I found a bunch of really funny ones about almost everything I was into at the time like Phineas and Ferb, SpongeBob, Muppets, and even more obscure things like AAAHH! Real Monsters. As soon as my babysitter arrived, I showed her some YTPs and while she did laugh a few times, she never became hooked on them like I did.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I remember having this pink ducky when I was younger and would always take it in the tub with me whenever it was bathtime. It would light up, but I sadly don't have the duckie anymore.