You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's the deal with the ending to The Buttercream Gang? The movie involves one member of the gang, Pete, having to move to Chicago, only to return after the experience had turned him bad. Everybody tries to get him to be good again, but eventualy he goes back to Chicago, and then after some time, they find out in the news paper that Pete is good again, having started a new Buttercream Gang and shown shaking hands with the mayor.

So we see that he's become good again, but we never actually see him after he's gone back to how he was. We only know because it was in the news paper. Why not have him reunite with the gang after he has become a good guy again?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice there's been a resurgence in old(er) commercial spokespeople returning? Mayhem, Keri the Sparkle Fairy, the Cottonell Bum Lady, even that other annoying airheaded insurance lady (not Flo, the blonde in the red suit).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ever notice there's been a resurgence in old(er) commercial spokespeople returning? Mayhem, Keri the Sparkle Fairy, the Cottonell Bum Lady, even that other annoying airheaded insurance lady (not Flo, the blonde in the red suit).
As long as it's not that Pine Sol lady. *shudders
"Mmhmm baby. That's the power of Pine Sol"
Me: "SHUT UP, shut up!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You ever notice that of all the different things New Yorkers are known for, one of them is the foods they eat? I mean, save for Cajun people loving their spicy food, I can't really think of any other regional culture in America that can be defined by the food they eat quite like New Yorkers: just from what I can decypher, they seem to love pizza by the slice, hot dogs, soft pretzels, and Chinese food . . . granted, all of that is good stuff, but it seems to be most commonly associated with New Yorks - at least in fiction, so what do I know?

Now I'm reminded of MY COUSIN VINNY, where Vinny and Lisa arrive in Alabama, and Lisa keeps asking about Chinese food, to which Vinny tells her she's just letting everybody know she's a tourist . . . but then again, Vinny and Lisa didn't know what grits were, which was treated as a part of southern pride in the movie (and let me tell ya, as a southern, I find grits to be disgusting).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice whenever a cartoon character is sleepy and lets out a big yawn, they always start smacking their lips afterward (particularly Disney characters)? What's up with that? I've never seen people in real life smack their lips after they yawn.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Ever notice whenever a cartoon character is sleepy and lets out a big yawn, they always start smacking their lips afterward (particularly Disney characters)? What's up with that? I've never seen people in real life smack their lips after they yawn.
Maybe their mouths are all dried out, or they have a case of morning breath.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You ever notice that of all the different things New Yorkers are known for, one of them is the foods they eat? I mean, save for Cajun people loving their spicy food, I can't really think of any other regional culture in America that can be defined by the food they eat quite like New Yorkers: just from what I can decypher, they seem to love pizza by the slice, hot dogs, soft pretzels, and Chinese food . . . granted, all of that is good stuff, but it seems to be most commonly associated with New Yorks - at least in fiction, so what do I know?

Now I'm reminded of MY COUSIN VINNY, where Vinny and Lisa arrive in Alabama, and Lisa keeps asking about Chinese food, to which Vinny tells her she's just letting everybody know she's a tourist . . . but then again, Vinny and Lisa didn't know what grits were, which was treated as a part of southern pride in the movie (and let me tell ya, as a southern, I find grits to be disgusting).
Yes, in New York, pizza is huge. Ground Zero for pizza is Lombardi's in Little Italy, in business since 1905. I've been there, but you can't order slices, you have to order a whole pie.
There's also an excellent place called Ray's. Then the owner opened another place called Famous Ray's, then someone else opened Original Famous Ray's, so there are about 20 Ray's pizza joints claiming to be the original, legitimate real deal.

Besides pizza and Chinese, there also seems to be a Jewish deli on every corner. Katz's (check out the flick "When Harry Met Sally"), Carnegie, and Smiler's define the New York deli experience.
Gimme a pastrami on rye, matzo ball soup, a potato knish, and a chocolate egg cream, this is what I want on my deathbed as my last meal.
Even though it's not a fixture of New York eating, I LOVE grits.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's also an excellent place called Ray's. Then the owner opened another place called Famous Ray's, then someone else opened Original Famous Ray's, so there are about 20 Ray's pizza joints claiming to be the original, legitimate real deal.
I only know about that because both SEINFELD and ELF have referenced them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking about RANGO, and I know that Rattlesnake Jake shows up and basically calls Rango out in front of the entire town of Dirt for being a fraud and a phony, and doing nothing but build up the hopes of the town with fake stories of heroism - he then runs Rango out of town, and even as he's leaving, Beans stops to ask him, "Who are you really?" Rango just walks off into the sunset in shame.

So anyway, after that pep talk from the Spirit of the West and the armadillo, Rango returns to Dirt to actually be a hero. Never once during the rest of the movie afterwards do any of the townspeople even bring up the fact that Rattlesnake Jake called his bluff, let alone that Rango had been lying to them all this time - in fact, when the Mayor locks him and Beans in the bank vault in an attempt to drown them, Beans actually just throws herself to and kisses him for coming back, again, never once mentioning that he was lying or that he was playing them all along.

Of course there's that little moment toward the end where Priscilla says to him, "You brought the water back. You really are a hero."

I don't know, I just find it a little odd that there's no such of a mention after Rango was revealed to be a phony all along, or that the townspeople (especially Beans) don't even hold any of it against him.