Fede Alvarez to Write and Direct Labyrinth Sequel

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Apparently it is now a spin off to the original not a sequel or reboot

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-labyrinth-movie-works-dont-breathe-director-993680

No. Just no. Don't tarnish the credibility of the original with a decades-later sequelitis-induced flop. And what do you bet the goblins will be CGI and not puppets?
Wasn't this already announced like last year?
Well, anyway, I don't mind them being CGI, as long as they have enough budget for the effects. And wasn't one of the Guardians of the Galaxy writers originally supposed to write this? I wonder what happened to that.
This could potentially be good, I mean, obviously it's too early to judge one way or the other. But honestly, i'm mostly just skeptical that this will even get made.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course the goblins will be CGI, they have to replace the apparently currently deteriorating puppet cast somehow. And as a supposed spin-off they no longer have to be stuck in David Bowie/JarethxSarah Willaims storyline mode. Bleh, I'm sticking with what we've already got until any true news materializes. :scary:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This is why the movie remake should be not necessary. Some movies should just be left alone.

gravy

Reaction score
How is The Goblin King not represented in a movie in which the main setting is his kingdom?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I hope it crashes and burns during production. Knowing JHC's difficulty of getting anything off the ground these days (The Fraggle Rock movie, the Dark Crystal sequel, Happy Time Murders, etc.), that's likely to happen.