Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On the Robot Chicken Star Wars special, one of Max Reebo's songs was called "It's Not Easy Being Blue".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
In the Nostalgia Critic review of the Garbage Pail Kids movie, he said that the GPKs were made by "Jim Henson's r*t*rded brother".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Again not a TV show, but this conversation went down in a Smosh video on YouTube:
*sees dead Cookie Monster*
Kermit:So how did he croak?
Anthony:He's been eating nothing but cookies for the past forty years.
Anthony: Plus he smoked *** loads of meth.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A very obscure SS animation reference happened on The Cleveland Show, Cleveland Junior was walking around the house saying "A loaf of bread, container of milk, stick of butter," over and over. I was SO surprised that they would reference that.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody's mentioned this yet, but in the movie Rio 2, Pedro calls a character Big Bird.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yet another Wheel puzzle reference tonight: this time, it was simply THE MUPPETS. Pat even did a Cookie Monster impression when the contestant solved it, which is technically not inaccurate, but I usually think of characters other than the ones from Sesame Street than from TMS.

gravy

Reaction score
I saw a thread that mentioned Futurama making a Glow Worm sketch reference.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was watching The Simpsons and Cletus Spuckler had a list of thing he doesn't like. On that list was,
"Those dang Muppets!".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On the iCarly and Victorious crossover, iParty with Victorious, Freddie refers to Robbie's puppet Rex as a "rejected Muppet" during a rap battle.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Not a TV show or movie, but in a Pearls Before Swine comic one of the crocodiles who talk like a caveman said that he learned to talk from Sesame Street. It then cut to a picture of him yelling
"Me want cookie!" at the TV screen.