Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4716 - Make Your Garden Grow

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4716 - Make Your Garden Grow
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 22, 2017

Elmo has made sure that his apple tree has good soil, water and sunshine, but he still needs to learn how to be patient and wait for it to grow.

This episode features an all-new street story, Murray Has a Little Lamb ("Gardening School") and a new Elmo's World ("Gardens").

If you saw "Make Your Garden Grow" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Today's street story was pretty fun, really enjoyed the song. I dunno if the Grover segment was new or not, but it was funny.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Today's street story was pretty fun, really enjoyed the song. I dunno if the Grover segment was new or not, but it was funny.
It was filmed a couple of years ago or so, but hasn't been played on the show until now. It's been shown on international editions and the YouTube channel, but this is its first time airing on the actual show.

Was there a new Elmo's World segment in this at all?
Yes, "Gardens."

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, there was something very "Little Shop of Horrors" about Grover trying to figure out what to feed the plant. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The street story was decent enough: we had a nice variety of Muppet characters, and Abby helping Elmo's apple tree grow through magic was amusing to see with Alan freaking out and making dozens of apple pies for customers in an illogical amount of time. At least Elmo wanted to see his apple tree grow the natural way and grow it by himself.

Did anyone notice Alan was wearing Mr. Handford's apron?

The new (old?) Grover insert was perhaps my favorite thing from this episode - it was certainly done in the classic Grover style, it could have easily been an old school insert.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was fun. We got our second instance of Noel MacNeal puppeteering Big Bird this season. The song Elmo sang was very good. It's nice to see them finally air the Grover trying to feed a plant bit. I just have to wonder: When are we ever gonna see Mr. Noodle's other brother?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It wasn't great, but it's the sort of story I think we should have more of. The plot was simple but not too simple, and the story was just long enough to not feel rushed, but it also wasn't long enough to feel boring. I like that they had a nice assortment of characters. Really there's nothing to gripe about in this one. I notice they used Caroll's Big Bird puppet again (which I prefer). Also, glad they finally used that Grover sketch they filmed several years ago.
We got our second instance of Noel MacNeal puppeteering Big Bird this season.
Ah, so that was Noel. I knew he moved a little differently than Matt. Actually, I think he may be a little better at imitating Caroll's mannerisms than Matt is, I almost forgot it wasn't Caroll in the suit.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Does Carroll ever still wear the BB suit? I recall he did not too long ago, but not so much in the past few seasons. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm 99.9% certain that Caroll's involvement with his characters nowadays is similar to that of Jerry in his final years, in that he just sticks to the sidelines and dubs Big Bird and Oscar's voices while Matt (or Noel) and Eric physically perform them.