Newsie: AMA

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Well, I guess I haven't been here a while either. Hmmm, questions questions...? Thoughts on Newsie's portrayal in the ABC series, if you haven't answered that already?
I have, but I don't mind answering! Nice to see you again! :cool:

Although the smug, divorced, sensationalist-press Newsman in "the muppets" isn't how I choose to view the character, I accept that there's a basis for that in the original show portrayal. So, yeah, he's Newsie. He's just not MY Newsie! Of course, he's still handsome to me, and I love his redesign.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Any favorite way to relax? Take a walk, take a bubble bath, meditate, what brings your inner tranquility?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Any favorite way to relax? Take a walk, take a bubble bath, meditate, what brings your inner tranquility?
*Carl* YELLING & THEN EATING STUFF! THANK YOU!

OK, not eating anything still moving...

I've been working on stress release techniques. Right this moment I'm hooked up & lying down at the plasma clinic, which is relaxing. (Not kidding.) Sometimes I pop in a fave movie; very glad the new MST3K is out! Sometimes I rageclean (I can do LOTS when furious...)

I'd love to get a Wii so I can play Rabbids again. Those games are so goony they always make me laugh. I recently discovered the game Journey, which is gorgeous and enveloping and very calming.

Baths yes, in winter. Swimming. Having no immediate tasks to conquer is the best of all!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Were you ever involved in sports?
Playing? No. Watching? Yes. I had season tickets to the FSU Seminoles baseball games (my mom went there for her MSW degree while I was in high school), and I was able to attend several Tampa Bay Lightning hockey games. Both are sports which are far better experienced AT the game in stead of watching on tv, as the crowd is part of the fun.

I have never been athletic. I like hiking and swimming, but that's about it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Playing? No. Watching? Yes. I had season tickets to the FSU Seminoles baseball games (my mom went there for her MSW degree while I was in high school), and I was able to attend several Tampa Bay Lightning hockey games. Both are sports which are far better experienced AT the game in stead of watching on tv, as the crowd is part of the fun.

I have never been athletic. I like hiking and swimming, but that's about it.
OK. Here's another one for you. The Partridge Family or The Brady Bunch?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
OK. Here's another one for you. The Partridge Family or The Brady Bunch?
Er...neither, sorry. I know you're a fan, but both shows were always too cutesy and wholesome for me. Keep in mind that as a pre-teen I was already reading Stephen King and Hunter S Thompson.

That said, I did watch some frogawful shows as a tween. I don't think I could handle Gilligan's Island ever again, but at age 8-10 I enjoyed it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Er...neither, sorry. I know you're a fan, but both shows were always too cutesy and wholesome for me. Keep in mind that as a pre-teen I was already reading Stephen King and Hunter S Thompson.

That said, I did watch some frogawful shows as a tween. I don't think I could handle Gilligan's Island ever again, but at age 8-10 I enjoyed it.
Yeah. I'm really a fan of the old comedies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering what a big Inspector Gadget fan you are, how would you react to a modern-day animated series reboot? In CGI? And suppose instead of more utility-like gadgets, he had apps for them?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Considering what a big Inspector Gadget fan you are, how would you react to a modern-day animated series reboot? In CGI? And suppose instead of more utility-like gadgets, he had apps for them?
Said reboot exists and is CGI. I haven't seen it yet, though. Apps...could be comic, but the clonky gadgets were part of the appeal. Also, I haven't seen whether Maurice Lamarche is involved, which he'd have to be IMHO to make it worth a watch.

I'm surprised you remember I like Gagdet...or have you seen my racy, silly fics over on fanfiction.net? :embarrassed: