Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
In today's Ask Diamond Select Toys, someone asked if there would be more Muppets past series 4, and they said no plans yet, they are waiting for sales, but they are very hopeful.

Would you say hopeful is the same as optimistic? I hope so!
Unfortunately, I take "hopeful" in this case to be the same as pessimistic. It doesn't sound like the sales have been there to justify continuing the line. I hope I'm wrong.

muppetperson

Reaction score
In today's Ask Diamond Select Toys, someone asked if there would be more Muppets past series 4, and they said no plans yet, they are waiting for sales, but they are very hopeful.

Would you say hopeful is the same as optimistic? I hope so!
The reply was that they don't know what "DIRECTION" they will take
after series 4. This could be taken as that it will end in it's current format or it will change somehow. Maybe they might change from "The Muppet Show" era to modern era, if not stop altogether?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I take "hopeful" in this case to be the same as pessimistic. It doesn't sound like the sales have been there to justify continuing the line. I hope I'm wrong.
I think if it was pessimistic they might just say Seems unlikely. Maybe right now they would like to, but it could go either way.

Rtec1

Reaction score
When do they plan on releasing series 5, 2020?

To me i think they've said that to try and spike people's interest in the remaining 2 series in the hope it strengthens sales.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Were in the last few days of April, and not even packaging shots yet...wondering they will be out? Maybe sometime in May?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they never make it to shelves. I've tried to stay optimistic, but we've been down this road before, pushing release dates farther and farther back.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they never make it to shelves. I've tried to stay optimistic, but we've been down this road before, pushing release dates farther and farther back.
They'll come out. Both Series. The official word is the end of May for S3 and late October for S4. I doubt they'll be pushed back again.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Why doesn't the company make up their mind for once and actually choose a release date so people won't get all confused?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Why doesn't the company make up their mind for once and actually choose a release date so people won't get all confused?
These things get packed on a big ship along with so many other items from China and that boat can take a while to get here. Also, sometimes projections are knocked off course due to factory issues. There could be many reasons. They'd love to hit a target date, I'm sure, but that's just not how it works with action figures. They're much more of a limited/niche product. Rest assured - they are coming...eventually.