4 Legged Dog Puppet

SandPunk

Reaction score
I don't mind at all. You would embed it in the under structure (the foam or plastic whatever you built the body of your puppet out of), I'd suggest either just above the paws or just under the knee.
However, on further reflection I think the fishing line would be a better solution. Not only would it be cheaper, but the little bit of slack would probably generate a more "organic" motion. This could just be tied on at the same points mentioned above.

You mentioned the dog from sesame street (Barkley). If i'm not mistaken I believe he's a full bodied suit with a performer inside of him.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I don't mind at all. You would embed it in the under structure (the foam or plastic whatever you built the body of your puppet out of), I'd suggest either just above the paws or just under the knee.
However, on further reflection I think the fishing line would be a better solution. Not only would it be cheaper, but the little bit of slack would probably generate a more "organic" motion. This could just be tied on at the same points mentioned above.

You mentioned the dog from sesame street (Barkley). If i'm not mistaken I believe he's a full bodied suit with a performer inside of him.
I don't think I mentioned Barkley (I mean I did say the dogs you see on sesame street, but I should've been more specific) and that sounds pretty neat :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The back legs work almost exactly like regular puppet arms, they are just positioned differently on the puppet's body. The key to performing a puppet like this is that it takes 2-3 puppeteers to do it properly, which is probably one of the reasons you don't see characters like this very often on Sesame Street.

Tioh

Reaction score
You can attach the body of the puppet to a backpack the puppeteer that wears the backpack also plays the front paws with his hands from bellow. A second puppeteer plays the head. The third puppeteer plays the back legs and tail.