Daring to Dream

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hoping to get a job in either animals or computers someday.

Getting a boyfriend, get married, and having children.

Getting my own car and learning how to drive all by myself.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Hoping to get a job in either animals or computers someday.

Getting a boyfriend, get married, and having children.

Getting my own car and learning how to drive all by myself.
The secret to achieving most of that is just training. Many technical schools offer veterinary tech classes, programming, etc. Research tech schools and community colleges near you!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The secret to achieving most of that is just training. Many technical schools offer veterinary tech classes, programming, etc. Research tech schools and community colleges near you!
Can't do that kind of stuff because it's just really hard for me to do. I'm sorry and I apologize.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Can't do that kind of stuff because it's just really hard for me to do. I'm sorry and I apologize.
Nothing to apologize for, WhoseLine. Okay, if school is too difficult for whatever reason...what about volunteering at a local animal shelter? You could get experience caring for critters, and see if it's really what you'd enjoy as a career. Zoos often need volunteer help as well.

Have your parents offered to teach you driving? I didn't learn until I was 18 either. I took Driver's Ed my last semester in high school, and my stepdad taught me how to drive a stick-shift in empty parking lots at night (where I could practice turns, speeding and slowing and shifting, with nothing around I could damage).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Nobody has even bothered to ask me out to the Senior Prom which is actually in a few weeks. I knew it too, because the reason why nobody asked me is probably due to my special needs.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Nothing to apologize for, WhoseLine. Okay, if school is too difficult for whatever reason...what about volunteering at a local animal shelter? You could get experience caring for critters, and see if it's really what you'd enjoy as a career. Zoos often need volunteer help as well.

Have your parents offered to teach you driving? I didn't learn until I was 18 either. I took Driver's Ed my last semester in high school, and my stepdad taught me how to drive a stick-shift in empty parking lots at night (where I could practice turns, speeding and slowing and shifting, with nothing around I could damage).
I did volunteer at a local animal shelter for a long time, but decided to quit due to the work being hard for me and decided to work somewhere else.

My mom offered to teach me how to drive, but I crashed her car into a tree the second time around and ended up breaking a rearview mirror.

Looks like I'm going to have to do Drivers Ed then.